Chapter 4

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

As we continued down the hall made of old rocks, with pictures and paintings carved into them, we came upon a spot where the way parted into four other ways.

"Do you think we should split?" Mabel asked furiously, trying to keep down the hallway with my light.

"I do not think that it will be wise, since we don't know what may lie ahead, it is better to stick together" Sune spoke, and she was serious, more serious than I've ever seen her.

"I agree with Sune Mabel, it will be a hassle, or maybe even deadly if we run into trouble while alone" Dipper looked at Mabel and she nodded in understanding.

"Which way will we go through though?" My sister cried to think as she examined the completely dark doorways. I pointed at the first one.

"Let's try that one first" I looked at the others, after a pause, they all nodded. We went down the first path, and came upon an end.

"There's nothing here, we should go back" Oni was quick to say that.

"No wait, I think I see something" Sune said as she stared at the wall on the left, close to the end.

"What?" I said as we all turned to her. She jumped upon something and we realized that it was some sort of lever. Seems like it was for the door here as it opened up. We all coughed as dust flew everywhere making it hard to see. Waiting until the dust settled down, we made our way inside. The room was filled with some sort of masks. They were all in golden colour, but none of them were actually gold.

"Do you think we will need it?" My sister held a triangular shaped yellow object in her hand.

"Don't randomly go picking things!" I scolded her and she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, its not like anything actually happened" she said and placed the object in her bag.

"What are you doing?" Sune asked the small girl.

"I'll be hanging onto this just in case" she shrugged.

"Hey guys! Look!" Mabel was wearing the strange shaped masks. It had a weird hilarious face, we broke out laughing.

"We should go now, there is nothing else of note here" I pointed to the way we came and they all nodded. We returned to the main corridor.

"Hey, sis, wait!" Liz suddenly exclaimed.

"What?" I looked at her wide eyed

"Shine the light there" she pointed in the midst of two hallways and I obliged. There were four holes, two on each side of a wall slightly different from the rest of the wall.

"Seems like a puzzle" Dipper examined the wall. "Liz, can you give me the thing you picked up back there?" My sister gave him the triangular shaped object and he inserted it inside one of the holes. The hole lit up with a dim yellow light.

"Nice" I said, so that's what it was for, its a key.

"There should three more keys in the other hallways, let's get them" Dipper seemed confident, and so were we as we nodded.

The room of the second hallway was filled with spears of all kinds, and a circular shaped green key.

The room of the third hallway was filled with utensils of daily use, and also had a blue square key.

The room of the last hallway was filled with clothes, they were old, very old, in style and in dating, but neatly preserved. The room held a red rectangular key.

Once all the keys were in their respective places, the door opened, and more dust flew down.

"I think I'm gonna get sick with silicosis" Dipper coughed as he tried to fan away the dust.