Match #2 - Draco vs. Koi

Feather strode into the arena, this time remembering to write a microphone into this narration.

"Hello, hello!" She shouted, ignoring the awful screech of feedback from the mic. "It's match number two time! We've got Draco against Koi!"

"Yay!" Draco exclaimed from her platform on one end of the stadium.

From the opposite side, Koi stroked her chin. "Who's Draco? Never heard of 'em."

Feather stared in confusion as Koi waved it off.

"Got your pokes?" Koi asked.

Feather nodded, remembering her line. "Trainer Draco, are you ready?"

"Yep!" Draco answered twice.

Before Feather could ask Koi if she was ready, the trainer had already thrown a Pokéball into the air. The host frowned but inquired anyway.

"Trainer Koi, are you ready?"

"Uh..." said Koi, "obviously."

Draco followed suit and tossed her chosen Pokéball into the open space before her.

The two opponents materialized.

"Nooo, you didn't let me finish

"Nooo, you didn't let me finish." Feather whined, realizing she still hadn't explained the rules of the match.

"Oops," Koi shrugged. "My most sincere apologies."

Feather sighed. "It's fineeee." She turned to the battle. "Looks like we've got Koi's Kabutops against Draco's Kommo-o!"

"Use Ancient Power!" Koi commanded.

Several orbs of light flashed into existence and hurdled toward Draco's unsuspecting Pokémon. They collided into Kommo-o's side with a deafening crash, but when the dust cleared, Kommo-o was still standing.

"Koi's move does not appear to be very effective! How will Draco respond?"

"Frick..." Koi muttered when she recognized that she chose the wrong move.

"Kommo--o, Dragon Claw!" Draco retaliated.

Kommo-o's unsheathed nails glowed green as it ran at Kabutops and slashed them along its side. Kaputops stumbled, but it managed to regain its composure.

"Both moves seem to be of equal power!"

"Kabutops, use Aqua Jet!" Koi shouted.

"Sky Uppercut!" Draco screamed.

As Kommo-o's fist collided with Kabutops' hide, a powerful stream of water pummeled at its head.

"Although Koi's Kabutops has the type disadvantage, its moves are still powerful!"

"Oh shucks," Koi groaned.

Meanwhile, Draco appeared frozen upon her platform. After several minutes of awkward silence, the bot's icon on the jumbotron let out a loud bellow.

"Play-er Two failed to... use a move. Duel has been cance-lled." it reported in a robot voice.

"Riiiiiippp," Feather said with a sigh.

Suddenly, Draco moved again. "Use..." she trailed off, discerning that the battle was no longer in session.

"Restart?" Koi asked.

"Same Pokémon," Feather reminded them.

"Yep!" Draco replied, tossing her Pokéball once more. Koi did the same.

When the two Pokémon resurfaced, the audience resumed its cheering.

"Kabutops, Mega Drain!" Yelled Koi.

More orbs appeared, this time being green. Kabutops released a grunt as it sent them speeding at its foe. They collided, and Kommo-o stumbled backward in a daze.

Draco gritted her teeth. "Sky Uppercut!"

But when Kommo-o attacked, Kabutops simply sidestepped out of the way.

Feather gaped. "It missed!"

"Night Slash!" ordered Koi.

"Sky Uppercut, again!"

Dark energy crashed into a fiery punch and left both Pokémon gasping for breath.

"Draco's moves have the type advantage against Koi!" Feather announced. "But Kabutop's won't go down easy."

Dust filled the arena as an Aqua Jet faced off against another Sky Uppercut. It was followed by another bright Ancient Power attack. When the breeze swept away the gray clouds, Kommo-o collapsed onto the ground.

"Kommo-o's down, making Koi the winner of the first battle!" Feather exclaimed. "This means that Koi can use her Kabutops again if she wishes, bur Draco must use something else."

"Ready!" Koi said.

"Me too!" Draco responded.

They both threw their selected Pokéballs into the air.

"It's Koi's Dragonite versus Draco's Incineroar! Two powerhouses going head to head!"

"Hyper Beam!" Koi hollered.

Draco clenched her fists. "Counter with Darkest Lariat!"

Light smashed into dark with an explosive bang, but both Pokémon seemed relatively unscathed.

Koi ordered another Hyper Beam, this one sending Incineroar reeling. Incineroar responded with a flaming headbutt, Flare Blitz, but Dragonite barely even stumbled.

"Draco's move isn't very effective! Fire attacks usually don't work too well against dragon types," Feather explained.

Draco shook her head to clear it and decided to send another Darkest Lariat Dragonite's way. Koi shrugged and went with another good ol' Hyper Beam. When the attacks clashed, Dragonite appeared more battered than before, but Incineroar was hardly standing.

It took one final Hyper Beam for Incineroar to topple onto the ground.

"Koi wins the second battle, making her the winner of the match!" Feather exclaimed.

"GG," both trainers said in unison.

Wanting a snack, Feather kicked the two participants out of the arena and watched them both fly into the bleachers.

Featuring:
Feather - featherfrost_
Draco - DracoDragonGirl
Koi - phasetelex