What've I Done

Guys

I just wrote

the freakiest thing.

This is so creepy and great, I can't even

I've never done paranormal before, I didn't realize it would flow so easily.

here it is:

   "Duskpaw," came the queen's voice, and her attention snapped from Graysplash to Icebreeze. She stepped out of her nest, and almost immediately Duskelle could see the resemblance, the unconsciously prideful way of holding herself that she shared with Minnowstar. "Duskpaw, you saved the life of my kit."

"I just — I just happened to be in the right place-"

"No, Duskpaw. You had no reason to be there. You had no reason to search. You had no reason to care. Who are we to you, Duskpaw? You've known us for scarcely a half-moon, there's absolutely no reason for you to have done this. You could've left us to find her, you could've left Hawkkit and Stormpaw to come get help, you could've valued your own safety first, but you didn't. Something in you cares, Duskpaw, and it's not just a will for acceptance."

She didn't know how to respond.

"I believe you are one of us, Duskpaw. I believe a warrior resides in your spirit, in your heart. And I know StarClan does too."

The she-cat's words pounded in her ears, in time with the rush of her blood, and her deep, searching eyes, seemed to fill her vision, to be the only things that mattered.

"I see Silverpelt."

Voices tugged at the edges of her hearing, overlapping, clawing for her attention, all repeating the same pattern of words in different tones, different speeds, different volumes. Something was happening to Icebreeze, something was wrong, something was changing.

"I see it in your eyes."

The ends of the queen's silvery fur lightened and darkened in odd patches, brightening to varying shades of cream, and her dark irises seemed to melt and evaporate at the same time, bits of brilliant green shining through and creeping in from the edges. The voices were now hers, and her jaw moved, but she couldn't make out what they were saying, and they way it moved didn't match the noises that she heard, and the voices grew louder and louder until suddenly-

"Duskpaw!"

Graysplash had called her name. Icebreeze was staring at her, her eyes round and pretty, not slitted and harsh like they'd been just moments ago. And they were dark brown. She could see it now. Not black. Dark brown. A completely normal color. Her pelt was silver swirled with gray. Just like it should be.

But something was still wrong.

Icebreeze was in her nest.

When'd she gotten back in? Why would she step back inside?

Had she even left it in the first place? Had Duskelle just — had she imagined it? It was so real — but the voices, the eyes, the fur, that couldn't be real, the illness still had a hold on her, it was still grasping her brain, still affecting her-

"Are you alright?" Graysplash asked, worry stirring in his amber eyes. He'd risen to his paws, but she'd seen him do it, she remembered him doing it, but she couldn't remember her doing it, her lying back down — no, it was just the illness, nothing more, nothing else.

"I — I'm fine. I'm alright, I'm fine," she said hurriedly, stumbling over her words, her eyes darting around as if she expected a second Icebreeze to show up, one with a cruel mottled green gaze and a cream-tipped pelt.

That's all I've written so far, so apologies about the abrupt ending.

I just realized this is a sneak peek to the next chapter of A Girl of a Warrior

hmm, but I don't think it really matters, I've never met any followers on CG who read AGW so meh I'm sure it won't matter

BUT if by any chance, you do exist, well, I guess that's the first bit of writing from AGW after almost a year of inactivity. I know, I suck, XD, but I'm almost done with this chapter, I've already got 2k words in. Expect it soon.

~ Duskie