Feather's Awesome and Amazing Guide to Aceing Admin Applications

lately i've been seeing a lot of questions about the admin application process.

i've filled out some and read over a LOT of applications in my time, so i'm here to give you a couple of handy tips.

whether or not you're applying for CG (when we sporadically start hiring) or another account on Wattpad or another platform, there are a lot of important things to keep in mind.

~ ~ ~

foreword:

although sometimes tedious, the application process is vital.

it's whoever's hiring very first impression (assuming that they don't know you personally), so it's crucial to put your best foot forward.

i totally understand that answering all those questions can be a boring hassle, but you should never withhold any of your effort.

up next, the do's and don't's of applying.

~ ~ ~

DO:

- answer questions in complete sentences.

- use proper grammar and punctuation.

- be polite and good-spirited.

- be confident in yourself and your abilities.

- PROOFREAD EVERYTHING.

- be as honest as possible.

- try to keep your answers as specific as you can.

- make sure you have all the apps/products/etc. that are required.

- take it seriously.

~ ~ ~

DON'T:

- give one-word answers (except on simple questions such as username, nickname, age, etc.).

- be unconfident (if you don't believe in your abilities, the one hiring won't either).

- apply only to gain popularity or followers.

- forget to proofread.

- use sloppy grammar and punctuation.

- be rude or demanding.

- be afraid to ask questions if you're confused about something.

- answer questions vaguely and leave the one hiring confused and/or unsatisfied.

- lie about specific skills or abilities (if you're hired and whoever's hiring finds out that you actually can't write four 5k-word chapters in one night [i mean, who can?] just like you said you could, they won't be happy).

- treat the application like a joke (even for spoof accounts).

- complete the application messily and expect to be accepted just because you personally know the one hiring.

- apply knowing that you can't get some of the required apps/products/etc.

~ ~ ~

before i go, i'm going to stress upon the biggest thing i've noted from my time at CG.

~ ~ ~

CG specifics:

- DO NOT apply when you can't get the two apps/services we require. they are crucial to the function of the account, and we simply cannot accept anyone, no matter how good their application is, who can't get them.

~ ~ ~

general stuff to avoid:

- "ugh why is this form so long" (yes, someone actually said that on an application about two years ago. probably a troll, but annoying nonetheless).

- "OMG I LOVE YOUR ACC SO MUCH AND I JUST REALLY WANT TO BE AN ADMIN SO I CAN GET FOLLOWERS AND BECOME FAMOUS AHHHHH HIRE ME BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO"

- "um so i can like kinda write maybe idk but hopefully one day i can yes alright those are my skills"

- "i've applied like 10 times just hire me already"

- "you should hire me because i'm so rANdoM"

- "i'm available for 2 minutes once a month cuz i'm always busy and during those 2 minutes i will procrastinate probably but i mean they'll probably be worthwhile so hire me"

- "so i haven't actually read any of your stuff or shown any interest in your account up until you opened applications lol hire me because i'm bored"

- "sorry if this form sucks i didn't try very hard"

- "omg 😍😍!!! you 🤑 guys 🔥💥 are 🍉🍇 sO ‼️ fab 👏🏼👌🏼 and 🍪💕 i 🤣😇 really 🧐💃🏼 want 🤩 to 2️⃣ be 🤡👽🎃 you!" (those emojis took me so long to put in lol)

- etc, etc.

~ ~ ~

those are all i can think of for right now, but feel free to leave some tips in the comments if you have any more that i didn't mention.

i hope you found some of this helpful! i've read through a lot of applications in my time, so i know firsthand what differentiates a good candidate from a bad one.

ATTENTION: this random update is in no way indicative of another opening in our applications. we just hired three new admins (koi, solstice, and saturn, who are awesome btw) last month. forms probably won't be open for several months at LEAST. i wanted to put this information out there so i can copy and paste the link to this chapter to the next person who asks about admin applications xD

~ feather

p.s. i didn't try too hard with my capitalization in this guide. don't follow me i'm a bad role model.