Match #1 - Koi vs. Mack

Feather entered the arena, waving to the adoring fans.

"Welcome to our first match, between Mack and Koi!" She began. "This will be best of three battles. If you win a battle, you are welcome to use the same pokemon in the next one. If you lose a battle, you must choose a different pokemon for the next one."

The contestants nodded their understanding.

Mack snatched up a Pokéball and tossed it in the air, but instead of the familiar red energy of an emerging Pokémon, she was greeted with silence. Feather blinked with confusion.

Koi shuffled her feet uncomfortably. "Uh... Pokécord isn't in here, so the battle won't work yet."

". . ." responded Feather, realizing the error of her ways. Without the Discord bot active in the channel, battles would be impossible. "Please stand by."

Awkward.

A few moments passed, and Feather had succeeded in bringing the bot into the channel. "Alrighty!" She exclaimed, trying to pretend that the mishap never occurred.

Again, Mack raised her Pokéball with Koi following suit. Red flashed across the auditorium and the two sparring creatures materialized into place.

 Red flashed across the auditorium and the two sparring creatures materialized into place

"Mack's Arcanine versus Koi's Kabutops!" Feather shouted. "Let the first battle commence!"

Mack decided to strike first. "Arcanine, use Thunder Fang!"

The dog-like beast parted its jaws to reveal sizzling electricity crackling around its teeth. It lunged immediately, soaring gracefully through the air until it slammed its fangs onto Kabutops' leg. Lightning crackled up and down the creature's limbs as Kabytops let out a shriek of pain and stumbled backward.

"The blow is super effective!" Feather hollered at the crowd.

Koi gritted her teeth, refusing to go down without a fight. "Kabutops, use Ancient Power!"

Kabutops quickly regained its composure and willed several orbs of white light into existence. Before Arcanine could react, it sent the spheres hurdling into its opponent's side. Arcanine released a distressed howl and began licking its wound warily.

"And Koi retaliates with an equally effective attack!"

"Use Thunder Fang again!" Mack ordered.

"Ancient Power, once more!" Koi proclaimed.

After several rounds of the same attacks being dished out over and over, both Pokémon beat each other into exhaustion.

"A very close battle!" Feather yelled. "Both teams appear to be on the brink of collapse!"

Mack clenched her fists.

Koi cracked her knuckles.

"Thunder Fang!"