Chapter 26

Luke jumped in his car and drove of to where he was meeting Michael and Calum. Luke kept the radio down not wanting to hear a single love song. As he pulled up the small diner Luke remembered the last time he was there. It was with Ashton. It wasn't as surprise the diner reminded him of Ashton, everything reminded him of Ashton. Luke got out of the car and walked in the diner. He spotted Michael's now lilac hair and walked towards them. Luke scooted in the booth across from the other two.

"How's Ashton?" Michael asked warily.

"The same as before." Luke sighed.

"I'm sorry Luke." Michael said quietly.

"It's not your fault." Luke told them. "I -um -I -he will wake up, and when- uh-when he does I'm gonna give him this." Luke pulled out a black box and opened it to revel a simple band. Calum and Michael both gasped.

"Luke, oh my gosh." Calum looked shocked.

"I-I I know it's crazy, to-to except him to wake up but I.... I just love him so much."

"Luke," Michael reached a hand across the table and placed it on Luke's. "I-I are you sure?"

"Yeah." Luke nodded.

"What if he ya know... Has amnesia and doesn't remember." Michael asked cautiously.

"I-I don't know, I guess I'll just help him remember." Luke felt tears sting his eyes. "C-can we pleas-please not talk about Ashton?" Luke asked.

"Yeah sure." Michael answered. "What are you doing for Christmas?"

"Visiting Ashton. Me and Anne are gonna decorate his room. We will spend the day there Christmas Eve." Luke answered.

"Luke that's really sweet." Calum cooed.

"Thanks." Luke shrugged. "What are you guys doin'?" Luke asked.

"Cal and I are going to take Charlotte to see out parents after we open presents." Michael smiled.

"How old is Charlotte?" Luke asked abruptly.

"She's three." Calum answered with a fond smile.

"Aww"

"You know Luke, you could join us."'Calum said. "For Christmas."

"No thanks, Cal. Its not that I don't love you guys, because I do. It's just that I really want to spend me and Ashton's first Christmas together."

"We understand Luke, just know we are always here for you." Michael told him.

"I know." Luke nodded. "Thank you guys.... a lot. I don't think I would be okay at all right now if it wasn't for you."

Luke hung put his keys down as he walked through his door and took his shoes off. He walked to the black couch and plopped down. Luke grabbed the T.V remote and flipped the T.V on. 'LOST' came on. Luke quickly changed the channel so it was playing 'How I Met Your Mother'. It was the episode that Robin thinks she pregnant then finds out that she can't have kids. Luke being the emotional wreck he already was shut it off. There was only one person Luke could talk to about his situation that he felt would really understand, so Luke picked the phone up and dialed the familiar number. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" He answered, and when Luke didn't saying anything from shock that he had actually answered he added. "hello?"

"Hi it's Luke" Luke breathed nervously.

" I know who you are, your my brother." His voice sounded light and nice.

"Ashton's in the hospital, Ben." Luke told his older bother who sighed.

"I know Jack told me." Ben admitted and Luke could imagine Ben rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"I know I shouldn't have called you, but...." A lump began forming in Luke's throat.

"No, no Luke, I'm sorry about before, I was stressed and emotional and I'm sorry, I love you and Ashton. I can see through what I was taught." Ben said to Luke.

"It's Okay, can we just,.... Start over?" Luke asked.

"Of course." Ben answered. "Now did you want to talk?"

"Yeah", Luke sighed. "I just needed to say some stuff out loud."

"Okay, Luke I'm listening."

"Right before Ash fell into a coma I proposed the him, but it was kinda in the moment and we both decided to not do it then. Now he's in a coma and I still love him more than anything and I bought and ring and I'm planning the perfect proposal, but I-I just what if he never wakes up? How am I supposed to go on?." Luke cried and Ben listened until he could think of an answer.

"I dunno Luke, I'm still getting over Amelia I don't know if I'll ever love another women as much as I loved her .... I'm gonna tell you, keep the ring, plan the proposal and pray form Ashton to wake up." Ben said.

"Thank Ben." Luke smiled a little. "Your the first person who hasn't basically told me to give up."

"Do you love him?"

"Yes"

"Then never give up."

"Okay." Luke said good bye to Ben then ended the call. Luke texted Ashton's mom telling her that he was going to decorate tomorrow. Then he plugged his phone into the charger and curled up on the couch with his blanket and pillow the was already on the coach. Luke hadn't been able to sleep in his room, it was just so lonely. He used Ashton's pillow it smelled like and Ashton and reminded him of Ashton, but in a nice way. It reminded him of the love he had for the golden haired hazel eyed boy.

A/N Don't Stop reading, you won't hate me forever.