Chapter 22

A/N I realize Emily is a bipolar little shit, it's important though.

Ashton's P.O.V.

"What the fuck!?" Luke yelled

"Break up with him!" My father demanded. Luke scoffed. "Do it!" He screamed and back handed Luke. Luke turned to me, I thought he was going to actually break up with me. My heart was racing while Luke grabbed my hand and got down on one knee what the hell was he doing?

"Ashton Irwin," he began. "Will you marry me?" He asked. I heard gasps from around the room. "I don't have a ring or anything, honestly I didn't plan on doing this here, I wanted to do it better, more special. But I love you Ash."

"Luke," I smiled at the way his name tasted on my lips. "Yes." I laughed.

"Yes?" He smiled and stood up his hand still clinging to mine.

"Yes." I nodded.

"No!" My father bellowed. "My son is not a faggot!" He yelled.

"Dad!" I screamed. "Why the fuck do you think you get a say?!" I yelled, only then was I conscious of all the eyes on me.

"Because I'm your father" he said.

"No, you may be my father but your a worthless piece of shit." I continued yelling. "You never talk to me, the last time we spoke was my high school graduation I'm twenty now!" A tear rolled down my face a I violently wiped it away. "You- you left me for that blonde bitch over there." I pointed at the women next to my father. "And now I only wanted my dad to come see my home and meet my amazing boyfriend and be happy for me" the tears were coming more harshly now. "You should be happy for me." My voice cracked.

"I think you need to apologize to Sasha." He said calmly. That's all he got out of that, me calling Sasha a bitch.

"If anyone should be apologizing it should be you." Luke said coming to stand next to me.

"Do you want to be smacked again?" My father asked Luke. How could he be so calm my blood was boiling.

"Do not touch him." I stepped so my body was in front of Luke's.

"Move Ashton." He said.

"I'm not moving." My voice was shaky and I hated it. I hated the fact that my father intimidated me.

"Move!"

"No!"

Crack

I reached up and touched my cheek where my father had just smacked me. Before I could comprehend what was happening Luke had punched my father square in the jaw.

"You like brat!" Sasha screamed in her annoyingly high squealing voice.

"Get out." Luke said calmly, and when no one moved he walked to the door and opened it.

"Leave, and don't come back." He said sassily motioning towards the hallway. My father walked forward after gathering his other two children who had not looked up from their phones during that whole scene. Fucking brats. Once they were out the door my father turned to me.

"You are such a disappointment." He shook his head.

"And your disgusting." Luke ask to my father then slammed the door. My mother was already at my side wrapping her arms around me. She kept asking me if I was okay. And I was because I had Luke. I looked at him then. He had a bruise on his face from being hit by my father, his eyes bluer than usual and his blonde a mess from him running his hands through it. Luke's eyes scanned the full room his eyes locked with mine and he hurried over to me. Luke grabbed my face and looked at my cheek where my father had hit me.

"Oh my god Ash," he whispered. "I'm so sorry."

"Luke," I grabbed his hand and held it. "It's not your fault babe." I told him.

"He won't be coming back." He said.

"I know Luke." I sighed. "I don't want to talk about him."

"Okay." He leaned forward and brushed his lips across mine. "By the way are you serious? Do you really wanna get married?"

"I mean- uh - yeah I do." I answered.

"Well that's definitely not my official proposal now that I know you want to get married." Luke laughed. Luke's laugh was like the best music to my ears.

"So your still my boyfriend?" I asked.

"Of course Ash! I love you." He kissed my nose.

"Hey!" I pouted. "That's my thing." I kissed his nose quickly. "I love you too."

I heard someone cough sarcastically. I looked around the room and Luke and I both laughed when seeing Michael whistling nonchalantly.

"Can we party now?" He asked.

"yes." I laughed.

Luke and I had made our way around the party talking to everyone. We were now talking to my mother Calum and and Michael. My mom turned to me.

"Ashton I need to talk to you." She whispered.

"Okay."'I nodded and turned to Luke. I told him I would be right back and he kissed me quickly. I followed my mom into my bedroom. I blushed when she sat on the bed remembering what Luke and I had done on the bed the night before.

"What?" She asked seeing my red face. "Oh my god Ashton" it clicked. "You and Luke had sex last night didn't you?" I blushed harder. She stood up shaking her head with a chuckle. "You really love him don't you?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I do." I smiled. "More than anything."

"Ashton, I never told you that- that umm. I made your dad leave." She blurted.

"What?" I asked.

"I caught him cheating, and he - he said he would stay with me and you. He said he would stay for you. But I made him leave. I told him he could still see you. Now I see I probably made the wrong decision. When she had a baby I told him I didn't want him around you. Thats no excuse for what just happened but If he would have stayed he would love you the way you are." She finished then walked out of the room leaving me standing there staring at the door.

Luke rushed in a minute later. "Ash?" He said. I turned to face him. "What wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "My mom just told me some stuff, and I don't know how to process it. My dad slapped me after slapping my boyfriend who proposed to me, but didn't really and I just don't know."

"Ashton, I love you, and I want to marry you, but I want to ask you correctly. I want- I mean. I know this is cheesy but I want it to be perfect." He smiled as He told me. "About your family I really don't know. I wish I did, but I don't, and it hurts to see you so beaten down." Luke told me.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"All I know is that I love you." I said. "I'm just going to hold on to that and I know you love me, so I will okay, we will be okay. " I gave him a small smile.

"I love you Ash."

"I love you too."