A Solution?

Dean's eyes flutter open and he props himself up against a pillow as he sits up. "How are you feeling?" Dean glances at Castiel and can't help but smile.
   "Everything aches, honestly." Dean admits, his green eyes stare into the deep blue eyes looking at him with worry. "Dammit, I thought I would never see your eyes again."
   Castiel flushes at this, his face turning a bright pink. "You mean the siren who had the same eyes as me?"
   Dean shakes his head, "sure, he looked like you but he wasn't you. Plus, his eyes were a total knock-off." Dean chuckles softly at this.
   Castiel smiles, "well I'm glad I get to see you again. If you had died--"
   "But I'm not dead, Cass. That reminds me, thank you for telling Gabriel to come, I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for you." Dean says, his voice cracking a little at the thought of death.
   Castiel reaches for Dean's hand, squeezing it gently. "I wouldn't let that happen, even if I couldn't fly to you."
   Dean smiles at him, pulling him from the chair to the edge of the bed where he leans into the Angel and kisses him gently. "I don't know what I would do without you, Cass." He says when he pulls away.
   Castiel returns his smile, "I don't know either. You'd be hopeless without me and without you, I'd be the same."
   Dean pulls Castiel into another kiss, gentle but rough. Before he can pull away, Castiel deepens the kiss and Dean looks a little taken aback but smiles a little into the kiss before Castiel finally pulls away to catch his own breath.
   "Dean, is everything all right?" Castiel asks, half worried and yet half hoping that they can just keep kissing.
   Dean runs a hand through his hair, "I've not been up to the best standard lately with my feelings but I am happy Cass, I'm really happy." He pauses, "if I could, I would lay here with you all day because of how happy I feel and I just want to spend that happiness with you."
   Castiel smiles a little, "I'm glad you feel this happy Dean. I do wish you would share your feelings with me more but this is a good step and I wish to be here for you every step of the way." Castiel lays beside Dean and places his head onto the hunters chest, listening to the pounding of his heart.
   Dean places an arm around Castiel's waist and kisses his forehead. "I love you, Cass and I never want to let you go, I hope you know this." Castiel decides not to answer him, instead he lets the pounding of Dean's heart slowly put him to sleep.

   Sam sighs as he sits at the main table, searching for cases where there doesn't seem to be any. "Hey Samantha." Gabriel says as he sits beside Sam, their eyes instantly meeting.
   "Hey Gabe." Sam says unenthusiastically.
   Gabriel notices the shadows under Sam's eyes, "you didn't sleep last night, did you? Did something happen?"
   Sam shakes his head, "I've just been trying to find Rowena or cases to take my mind off of this truth serum."
   Gabriel places his hand on top of Sam's, "we'll get through this. You're a survivor and survivors always find a way."
   Sam seems to wake up at this, "that's it. Gabriel, you're a genius." Gabriel goes to make a witty remark when Sam stands up and hastily makes his way out of the room, Gabriel quickly following him.
   "What did I say?" Gabriel asks, "and where are we going?"
   Sam shrugs, "I think I may have a solution." They reach Dean's door and San pounds on the door.
   Dean opens the door a moment later, Castiel beside him with his usual bed hair. "What?" Dean asks, his voice stern with the rude interruption of his time with Castiel.
   Sam sighs. "Castiel had said that the truth serum has to travel out of our system, right? What if we bleed it out?"
   Dean glances at Castiel, "could it work?"
   Castiel nods, "theoretically, yes but there could be a high chance of death due to blood loss."
   "I don't like this plan Samantha, this is a bad plan if it includes a high risk of death." Gabriel states, his voice growing in worry.
   Sam sighs deeply again, "but you two can just heal us, can't you?"
   Castiel returns his sigh, "possibly but the risks are too high. There's a thin line between just losing blood and dying in this situation and if we don't heal you in time then you could, well and truly, die."
    Dean shakes his head, "no, not happening then. I'm not risking that for you Sam. I don't even want to risk it because I have too much to live for at this stage and you do too."
   Sam sighs, "but--"
   "Sam, please. This is non-negotiable. We're not risking your life for something that may or may not work." Gabriel says.
   Sam nods slightly, "you're right." He sighs once more before walking off, Gabriel following him.
   "Do you think he'll be all right? You're not thinking about doing it are you Dean?" Castiel questions him.
   Dean shrugs, "I don't think I've ever said this but if anyone can help him, it's Gabriel." He looks at Castiel, "why would I want to do that, Cass?"
   Castiel returns his shrug, "I don't know." He pauses, "what did you mean by you have too much to live for?"
   Dean sighs, "I have you and Sam, even Gabriel that I want to live for. You all mean too much to me, I wouldn't risk giving up my life for some possible solution that may not even work." He sighs before heading back inside the room, Castiel following behind him after closing the door.