The Nightmare Carries On

There's a loud bang on the door which doesn't die down. Quickly, Dean swings the door open and sighs at his brother. "You forgot a shirt and pants. Come on, get dressed." Sam states, his gaze moving past Dean into his room where he can see countless papers scattered among the floor and bed which are all crumpled.
   "Right. Give me a minute." Dean replies, his voice is strained and his hair half sticks to the side of his face where it hasn't been fully dried. He slams the door in Sam's face and takes a deep breath before picking up all of the papers and throwing them in the bin. He moves over to his drawer and pulls out jeans and a shirt which he hastily puts on, along with a plaid shirt to go over the top. He grabs his hair towel and violently attacks his hair before chucking it into a neat pile beside the bed. With a satisfied nod, he leaves.

   Dean enters the main room and his gaze immediately lands on Gabriel, his soft eyes turning instantly to bitterness and coldness. "Deano, can't we put the past behind us?" Gabriel asks, half serious and half immature.
   Dean shakes his head, "no, not really." His voice wavers a little but the few words are strong enough to get his point across that he doesn't intend to forgive easily for Gabriel's actions earlier.
   The older hunter hadn't even noticed Castiel who had silently moved beside Dean, sliding his hand into the Hunters hand. Dean lets go of Castiel's hand and strolls towards the table.
   Dean sighs, "what is this about anyway? Are we carrying on the search for Rowena or what? Have you found her or did you lose her again?" His voice seems to crack a little and even Gabriel starts to feel sorry for the way he treated Dean.
   "Dean. Give me your hand." Dean looks up at Sam who has a piece of cloth in his hands Dean idly lifts his hand up and Sam wraps the cloth around it, tying it around his bruised knuckles with a sigh. "Are you all right?" Sam asks.
   Dean shrugs, "no." The one word is simple but shows Sam that he has no intention in sharing more than he wants or needs to share.
   Sam sighs, "do you want to talk to me about all of the paper that was laying around your room?"
   Dean hesitates, glancing at Gabriel who seems mildly curious, "not really, no."
   Dean's gaze searches the room and he sees Castiel is near them, close enough for him to reach out an arm and run his hand through his black, touseled hair. "I was writing but anything I wrote seemed to not truly come from my heart and I hated that about it. I wanted to write something for Castiel that what I feel was true and real, not that fake kind of letter people write for the sake of it."
   "Dean Winchester, writing for an Angel? How you have changed." Gabriel states with an exasperated sigh, "certainly not what I wanted to hear though."
   Dean glares at Gabriel, his stare is as cold and icy and beautiful as a snowflake. "I wanted to do something that I could pour my heart into, show how much I appreciate Cass, how much I mean to thank him and how much I..." he trails off, "I don't need to explain myself to any of you, it's this damn truth syrum."
   "Like I said, you have changed. You wish to do something sweet for the one you love through writing. That is certainly new." Gabriel says, everyone else seems to be in too much shock to even open their mouths, Dean guesses anyway. He doesn't even spare the rest of them a glance at this stage, too embarrassed to think of their reactions.
   Dean looks at Castiel who meets his eyes, something flashes in the Angels eyes but it's too quick for Dean to even notice. "Cass, I..." he pauses, shaking his head before abruptly turning away from him and walking off, probably to lock himself in his room again.
   Sam sighs as he watches this, "maybe a case will cheer him up. He may even end up opening up a little more if he wants to."
   "And what about you, Samantha? Is there anything you wish to get off of your chest while you can?" Gabriel asks, leaning forward in his chair with curiosity.
   Castiel rakes a hand through his hair, "can we try and help Dean please rather than talking about what Sam's true desires are?"
   "Come on Cassie. You have to be somewhat curious to Dean's secrets and desires." Gabriel whines.
   Sam slams his hands on the table, "stop talking about how you want us to spill our secrets! This is exactly what has brought Dean to be the way he is at the moment and if you carry on you won't learn anything. Everyone takes time and that's what we need so stop, please."
   Gabriel nods slightly, not even attempting to argue. "All right."
   Sam glances at Castiel, "Cass, can you try and look for some cases with Gabriel while I go and run some errands, please?"
   Castiel nods, "we're on it."

   Sam bangs on Dean's door, "Dean, I found us a case, all right? It will help you feel better and hopefully it will help you put this whole incident behind us, what do you think?" There's a click and then the door opens slightly.
   "Just the two of us?" Dean asks.
   Sam sighs with a small nod, "just the two of us. Castiel has agreed to stay behind unless we need him and Gabriel has reluctantly accepted the terms as well." Dean nods before slamming the door abruptly in Sam's face. He pauses for a moment, taking a step away from the door to leave when the door opens again and Dean emerges.
   "Let's go then." Dean says, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

I don't even know at this stage, I wrote this a bit ago and just... Yeah. I've edited bits of it now but enjoy. :)