You Are Forgiven

"Dean!" He grabs the hilt of the knife, his hand shaking violently. He slowly pulls the dagger free and he lets it clatter to the ground. Everything seems to disappear within those moments apart from an Angel who catches Dean as he falls backwards, blood running from his wound as the light begins to leave his eyes.

24 hours earlier.

   Sam bangs on Dean's door, "Dean, I found us a case, all right? It will help you feel better and hopefully it will help you put this whole incident behind us, what do you think?" There's a click and then the door opens slightly.
   "Just the two of us?" Dean asks.
   Sam sighs with a small nod, "just the two of us. Castiel has agreed to stay behind unless we need him and Gabriel has reluctantly accepted the terms as well." Dean nods before slamming the door abruptly in Sam's face. He pauses for a moment, taking a step away from the door to leave when the door opens again and Dean emerges.
   "Let's go then." Dean says, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

   Dean parks the car with a sigh, "so, what case are we working anyway?" He had been so busy trying to indulge himself in his music that he refused to say anything the whole way, even about the case. He just wanted the music to consume him, to make him forget everything that had gone on between them all with the truth syrum. The fact that he had to speak freely was a nightmare and he wants to forget it all happened and is still happening.
   "So, there have been multiple deaths and that's not the weird part, obviously. All of the victims were killed by someone that loved them, whether it be their parents, a partner, etc." Sam states.
   Dean nods slightly, "so what are you thinking. Demon possession, ghost maybe?"
   Sam shrugs, "I'm not sure it's them, actually. The people who killed someone were seen leaving with a person from a bar." He pauses, glancing at the bar they parked at, "this bar, to be precise. There's only one way to find out what it is."
   Dean sighs, "of course. You would never just bring me to a bar without a reason."
   Sam raises an eyebrow, "you thought that's why I told you to come here? So that we can get drunk?" He shakes his head a little before getting out of the car, Dean following not long after.

   Dean sits at the bar on his own with a sigh, waiting for Sam to leave the restroom. They had questioned almost everyone there but everything was a dead end. A waiter walks over to Dean, "can I get you anything?"
   Dean looks up at the waiter, he has blue eyes, black hair and looks a little like Castiel but there are clear differences like the state of his hair and his jaw. "I'm all right, thank you." Dean replies, "I'm just waiting for my partner."
   "Of course, Agent." The waiter replies he is about to leave when Dean sighs.
   "On second thought, could I get a shot of whiskey please?" Dean asks. The waiter nods with a small smile before disappearing behind the counter.
   Sam walks over to Dean, "are you ready to go?"
   Dean looks at Sam, "I'm just going to have a drink, you can go to the motel if you want." Sam reluctantly nods before leaving.
   "You two are pretty close for partners, hey?" The waiter asks and places the drink down.
   Dean glances at the drinks behind the waiter, the mirror reflecting something inhuman rather than the waiter. "I'll be a moment, I need some air." He says before getting up and leaving. Of course Sam had already left with the car. He gets his phone out hastily and dials Sam's number.
   Dean holds the phone up to his ear with a sigh, "Dean, what--"
   Dean cuts Sam off quickly, "it's a siren, there's a waiter here. He looks like Castiel, I thought it was weird and I didn't think too much about it until I saw the siren in the mirror behind the bottles. Sam--"
   The phone goes dead on the other side of the line and Sam quickly turns the car around, "Dean?" He shouts through the phone. "Dammit!" He throws the phone on the back seats as the car gains speed.

   Dean looks at his phone on the ground, smashed to pieces. "You should really look after your phone more." Dean turns around, his green eyes meeting blue eyes, not as beautiful or as bright as Castiel's but more dull.
   "Your eyes are wrong and so is the jaw line." Dean points out. "My Castiel is different to you so I don't see how your disguise would work as well."
   The siren nods with a sigh, "it's hard to perfect an Angel, really. See, I was going to spare you and make you kill your brother but I'm thinking that I may just kill you both. It's touching, truly, what you did to not break Castiel's heart with telling Gabriel your secrets. It's just sad that all your moping will be a waste."
   Dean hears the car pulling up, "I think the worst part is that I don't have a victim right now, in reality, you can't kill me." The siren states.
   Dean shakes his head, "that's a lie. I can easily bash your brains in and that will do the trick, I've done it before so I can do it again." He hears the door slam and turns to Sam, about to move towards him when the siren grabs his hand, turning him around and stabbing him.
   "Dean!" Dean gazes into the blue eyes, everything seems to become inaudible after that and he wonders if the last thing he'll see is a knock-off version of Castiel's beautiful eyes. He grabs the hilt of the knife, his hand shaking violently. He slowly pulls the dagger free and he lets it clatter to the ground. Everything seems to disappear within those moments apart from Dean's awareness of an Angel catching him as he falls backwards, blood running from his wound as the light begins to leave his eyes.

   The voices around him start to become audible, "how did you even know to come when you did?"
   "He thought of Cassie. Cassie isn't at his full potential at the minute and we were in the same room so he asked me to come and I did." Dean is vaguely aware of Gabriel's faint voice followed by Sam's voice. He's also aware that they are in a car, the engine roaring in the background helps him to easily figure that out.
   "Why would you help me?" Dean's voice comes out in a croak but even through the slight pain, he forces his eyes open embracing the blanket and seatbelt against his body.
   Gabriel sighs, looking at Dean in the back. "I helped you for Cassie and Sammy's sake. However, I also helped you to prove how sorry I am about earlier. What I did was unacceptable and for that I am sorry."
   Dean glances out of the window and nods thoughtfully, "I suppose I should forgive you but you still owe me." He mutters before embracing unconsciousness once again.

I'm terrible with Update Schedules so this is coming out whenever. Anyway, enjoy.