The Truth Is Better Than A Lie

Dean hears footsteps and glances up from his laptop to see Castiel walking into the room, he feels heat reach his cheeks and quickly looks back at the screen, a little frustrated at himself from earlier when he had stared at Castiel's bare chest.
   Castiel sits down beside Dean, "have you got anything on Rowena?"
   Dean shakes his head, "no, I haven't yet, I've been up all night trying to find something on her," he admits with a sigh.
   Sam walks into the room, "Dean, are you blushing?" Dean ignores the question as he stares at the screen in front of him. Sam pauses, clearly struggling to not say the words but he feels compelled to ask, "do you have a thing for Cass?"
   Castiel looks up at Sam, "I don't think-"
   The same thing happens to Dean, he feels compelled to answer the damn question. "I don't love Castiel." He spits out through gritted teeth.
   "That wasn't the question, Deano." Gabriel states as he walks into the room.
   Dean rolls his eyes, "whatever, Sam has a thing for Gabriel anyway."
   Sam tries to speak but all he can say is broken words, "n-- I d--" he runs a hand through his hair and he looks at Gabriel with pleading eyes as if to ask him to defend him.
   "Alright, leave the poor Moose alone. Just get back to finding Rowena." Gabriel says, getting a small nod from Sam before he sits at the table with his laptop and starts to do research. Gabriel sits next to him, whispering, "so, you do like me then? I could use that to my advantage." He says, wiggling his eyebrows at Sam.
   Sam's gaze meets his and he sighs, whispering back to him, "I swear, Gabriel. I didn't say I loved you, I only like you."
   "That blush says otherwise, Samantha." Gabriel states.
   "I can't lie, Gabriel, think about that," Sam says before getting up and moving around the table and sitting next to Castiel.

   Dean leans back against the chair, "I think I found a case but no Rowena. Cass, do you want to go with me while Sam and Gabriel stay here? It could be worth the visit."
   "Sure but are you sure you'd rather not rest? You haven't really slept today, as you've already stated twice today." Castiel says, glancing at the shadows that have formed under Dean's eyes.
   Dean sighs, "I'll just have some more coffee, I'll be fine."
   Sam looks at him, "why would you decide to leave me with Gabriel?"
   "Because I don't want to be with Gabriel, I'd rather be with Cass, plus, you need to actually work so I trust you here more," Dean states, clearly too tired to care what he says anymore.
   Gabriel shrugs, "fair point, that way I get to spend more quality time with Samantha."
   "And I'm going to go lock myself in my bedroom, good luck on the case," Sam says before leaving.

   Dean drums his fingers on the steering wheel as he drives, letting the song devour his thoughts. "Dean." Castiel cuts through the song like a ray of sunlight breaking through a storm cloud.
   Dean turns the music down, "what's up?"
   "Generally the sky is up, Dean." Castiel states and Dean can't help but laugh a little, of course, that would be his witty comeback, not that he would know that seen as he's an Angel. "I was wondering about what Sam had said before, is it true?"
   Dean sucks in a breath, knowing exactly what he means, "which part, Cass?"
   Castiel stares out of the window with a sigh, "the bit about you having a thing for me."
   Dean nods, "yes, it was correct but I don't really want to discuss it further if that is all right with you."
   Castiel casts his eyes from the window and turns his full attention to Dean who he can see is vaguely uncomfortable, being able to see him from the corner of his eyes. "If you wish to not talk about it more then I will not talk about it any further. I just want you to know that I think I feel the same way."
   "You think you feel the same way? Is that to do with the whole Angel thing?" Dean questions him.
   Castiel nods, "Yes, human emotions are hard to get a holdover and while I was human for a while, I still find it hard to wrap my head around different emotions."
   Dean pulls the car over and sighs, "If I kissed you, would that clear it up? I hate suspense."
   Castiel looks at Dean for a moment and shrugs, "I'm not sure but it's worth a shot, right?"
   Dean nods, "all right, maybe later though, we need to check the bodies."
Castiel looks at the building and sighs, only just realising that Dean hadn't pulled over to kiss him, he'd pulled over so that they could check the bodies in the morgue.
   They both get out and enter the building in a silence that neither of them is comfortable with.

   Sam finally leaves his room with a sigh and goes to the kitchen where he finds Gabriel lazily cooking something. "What are you cooking?" Sam asks.
   "Heck if I know." Gabriel responds and then looks at Sam. "Hey, you're alive," he says this with a little bit of sarcasm.
   Sam raises an eyebrow, "Did you miss me while I was locked away or were you just bored?"
   "Both." Gabriel states. "So, Sammy, what would you like?"
   Sam shrugs, "Anything edible and drinkable which I like, I guess."
   Gabriel nods slightly with a click of his thumb and middle finger. On the table in front of Sam appears a burger with salad and cheese in between the burger and the bun and as a drink, it is a simple beer. "How's that?"
   Sam smiles a little at Gabriel, "thank you, Gabe."
   Gabriel perks up a little at that, "did you just call me Gabe? That's adorable."
   Sam shrugs, "maybe if you're good enough I'll even give you a kiss."
   "Seriously Samantha?" Gabriel asks and Sam can't tell if he's being serious or not.
   Sam shakes his head, "yes Gabriel." He was going to say no but yes came out of his mouth instead, "I didn't-- I meant--" but the words won't come out, "dammit." He mutters and Gabriel smirks at him, wiggling his eyebrows at Sam who turns his attention to the burger instead. "This looks so much better right now."
   "Maybe I should be the burger and then you could eat me," Gabriel says, instantly regretting it afterwards for how weird it had sounded.
   Sam pushes the burger aside while laughing, "that's gross, Gabe. But I might take you up on that offer when I'm not under this serum." He stands up before retiring back to his room, locking it again.