Emotions Are Hard

Gabriel smiles, "great. First off, why do you keep avoiding any questions about Cassie?"
   Dean sighs, glancing about the room, half wondering where Sam and Castiel are. "Sam and Cass have already gone after Rowena... haven't they?"
   Gabriel shakes his head but Dean can tell he's lying, "no, of course not. I don't know where they are, actually."
   "Fine, get them both here then," Dean says, a small smile appearing on his lips as Gabriel frowns in defeat.
   Gabriel crosses his arms over his chest, "I've got a game for you. Every time you don't answer a question, I'll make you kiss a random girl."
   Dean sighs, "you know that's not fair, you'd only be hurting Cass if I kissed one of them, not that I would."
Gabriel nods, "exactly." His face seems to light up again at this, "so talk."
   Dean tries to get up again and sighs when he can't. "Very well. I keep avoiding questions about Castiel because I don't like talking about my personal life or my personal problems to anyone, I feel as if it is unfair to them for me to burden them with my own thoughts and feelings."
   Gabriel's smile slants a little, he was not expecting this outcome as much as he had hoped. He only really wants insight on Dean's feelings towards Castiel more than his own feelings toward anything else. "All right, why do you want to take it slow with Cassie?"
   Dean pauses for a small period of time, his thoughts seem to only touch upon the answer he wants to give and the one he feels he has to give. "He's an Angel, he is the one person I can actually be with without putting him in harm's way. Every other person I've been with has been human who shouldn't get mixed up in this business but with Castiel, he has no choice. He is an Angel and he can't get out of this mess. In that aspect both of you are like Sam and me, forever trapped in a battle we can't win."
   Gabriel's lips twitch and he thinks, Dean really doesn't want to kiss anyone other than Castiel, he's not holding anything back just so he can be loyal to Castiel, I'll have to tell Cassie this just so he can feel better about their relationship. "Do you love him?"
   Dean is about to answer when Sam and Castiel enter the bunker, heading down the stairs with a sigh of defeat. "Gabriel, why is Dean practically strapped to his chair?" Castiel asks.
   Gabriel shrugs and Dean finally stands up, grabbing a book near him and chucking it at Gabriel. "Asshole." He mutters before walking out of the room, not even giving a second glance at Sam and Castiel.
   "Gabriel, what did you do?" Sam asks, with an exasperated sigh.
   Gabriel leans back in his chair, "I may have been asking him personal questions about him and Cassie and I may have threatened him if he didn't answer me..."
   "I'll go talk to Dean," Castiel says.
   Sam sighs, "are you sure he'd want to see you right now after what Gabriel made him talk about?"
   Castiel glances at Sam, "I'm sure he'd want to talk to me more than Gabriel and you are his brother and he still doesn't talk to you so I figured I would give it a shot unless you want to talk to him."
   Sam shakes his head, "no, you're right. Just go easy on him, all right?" Castiel nods before leaving.

   Castiel knocks on the door and gets no reply, he tries the handle but it's locked. "Dean open the door, please." He knocks again when there's no reply. "Dean?" He bangs a little louder before there's a clicking sound of the lock and then the door is open.
   Dean looks at him, his hair is a little dismayed and he has his headphones around the back of his neck. "What?" Castiel notices the shadows under his eyes, they had been there before but they seem darker now. How had he not realised how little Dean has been sleeping before this or how hard it is for him to sleep in the first place?
   "What Gabriel did... it wasn't acceptable, are you all right?" Castiel asks, his heart breaks a little when he finally sees that Dean had been crying. He can see a faint tear line which ends just by his lips. "You're not all right, what a stupid question to ask. Do you want to--"
   Dean quickly rubs his cheeks violently, "I don't want to talk about it, Cass. I just..." his breath wavers as he exhales sharply and he rakes a shaky hand through his hair, "I can't believe I was threatened by an Angel to tell him my secrets just so he wouldn't make me kiss other people." He forces a stiff laugh and his throat aches. He drops his hands to Castiel's waist, hugging him tightly. "I hate this truth serum so much, Cass." He mumbles into the crook of Castiel's neck.
   Castiel sighs into Dean's shoulder, "my brother can be an Assbutt at times, I know that but that was going too far. He threatened you with kissing other people and you refused on my behalf? Dean, I'm sorry you had to go through with that, I'm sorry you still have to deal with this truth serum for a little longer but we'll get through this. You'll get through this."
   Dean pulls away from Castiel after a moment and sighs, "thank you, Cass." He pauses, "I blame the truth serum for the whole emotion thing, by the way. I just hope we can get this over with quickly."
   "I mean, look what came of it. We got together, Sam and Gabriel are a thing. That's at least good isn't it?" Castiel asks.
   Dean nods slightly, "that is the only good thing to do with this truth serum though. It has brought me nothing but misery otherwise. Talking about my truth is like a nightmare which I can't wake up from." Castiel's heart breaks a little for Dean at this moment. He wishes to throw his arms around Dean, kissing him until the pain subsides but Dean breaks this thought as he huffs. "I'm going for a shower." Before Castiel can even open his mouth, he leaves the room, locking the bathroom door behind him.

Oh my goodness me, I'm posting again. It's a miracle. Anyway, enjoy. :)