24. is a secret a lie?

"So you just eat animals?" I ask Stefan as we wander through the woods. We were paired together for a science assignment but I begged him to just compel the teacher to give us 100%. 

"Yeah pretty much." He says shrugging casually. I'm mean it's very noble and all but I feel like if I was a vampire I wouldn't have that self control.

"What about Bambi?" I joke making a pouty face. Causing Stefan to laugh.

"Damon says that." Stefan replies causing the conversation to die. Sorta awkward but who cares, Damon and I had a lot in common and I can't do anything to change that.

"What is Damon doing anyway?" I ask curiously. Trying to be subtle but it's not working. I'm just interested!

"You know still going on about this tomb stuff." Stefan replies casually but I frown.

"What tomb stuff?" I ask digging through my mind to remember if Damon ever mentioned anything about a tomb. Nope.

"He didn't tell you?" Stefan asks but I just shake my head. "Well... Umm, Damon was trying to use Bonnie to open a tomb to get Katherine out. Turns out she wasn't in the tomb... So she's out there somewhere alive but didn't love Damon enough to come back to him." Stefan explains and it hurts. It hurts me to know that Damon would keep something like this from me. God was he just using me to get his daily Katherine fix? Because I look like her! What a jerk. He constantly gives me reasons not to be with him. I miss him.

————————

"Stefan pleaseeeee." I beg him to get me a drink. God Damon wouldn't do this. Fuck! I can't believe I'm comparing them. I feel awful. I don't want them to think I'm just using them but... Ugh!! I'm so confused.

"Fine." Stefan sighs going up to the counter. Yay. I'm distracted from my excitement when someone taps me on the shoulder.

"Katherine." He sighs looking excited to see me. I frown for a second.

"I'm sorry you must have the wrong girl." I say politely trying not to be shit scared out of my mind. He's definitely a vampire. What if he thinks I am? What if he's here to kill Katherine and kills me by mistake?

"Oh, and you are?" He asks and I have to make a split second decision. Do I tell him my name? No then he'll know she's my doppelgänger. Do I sass him? Yeah why not.

"Not the girl your looking for." I reply coldly trying to get out of the booth but he blocks my path.

"Can I get a name." He asks a again. Fuck no.

"I have a boyfriend." I lie walking away. I head to the bar typing on my phone quickly.

"That guy over there thought I was Katherine"

I show Stefan the phone and he frowns. He looks back to where we were sitting and I do as well but I don't see him.

"He's gone." I mumble. Shit. I can't even remember what he looked like because I was to scared. Shit.

"Do you think he's from the tomb?" I ask Stefan, shivering a little just thinking about it. I don't know why that scared me so much but it did.

"Let's get you home." Stefan replies assuringly but I still don't feel safe. They could be anywhere. And I'm walking around looking just like their friend or enemy with the same attitude, hanging out with her ex. Things are looking so great for me right now.

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the short chapter but it was mainly for context.

Happy easter for those of you who celebrate easter and if not have a great week 🥰

Till next time x