28. Mother dearest

I make my way downstairs to get some coffee but as I turn to the kitchen John's standing there creepily. 

"Fuck you scared me. Little early to be lurking isn't it?" I say making my way around him to the coffee machine. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Just wanted to catch up with my favourite niece." He says leaning against the counter. 

"Yeah well, my calendar is full." I smile giving him a fake smile as I continue making my coffee. 

"I know, you know," John states bluntly causing me to turn around. 

"Know what?"

"Come on Kylie, let's not keep pretending. What do you think your mother would say if she knew you were seeing a vampire?" John says causing me to scoff. 

"Which mother are you referring to you asshole?" I reply as I walk away making sure to bump past him. I sit on the edge of my bed and call Elena. 

"Hey, how's it going with Stefan?" I ask

"I've been trying to feed him blood all day. I'm worried he's going to starve himself." Elena sighs defeatedly. 

"Well, have you tried talking to him?"

"Yeah I went into the basement but he-"

"Elena, why the fuck would you go into the basement with a bloodthirsty vampire?" I ask scoffing at her stupidity. God sometimes this girl is too fucking much. 

"It's Stefan, he didn't hurt me it's fine." 

"Ugh anyways, I just had a fun little chat with John downstairs," I reply. 

"What'd he have to say?" Elena asks. 

"Besides being a major creep, he knows we know." I sigh. 

"Know about what?" 

"Vampires. He tried to use Mom against me, asked what she would think if she knew." I explain. 

"God he's horrible." Elena sighs. "Also, I've got news."

"Shoot," I reply whilst sipping on my coffee. 

"So Alaric met up with Isobel, and she wants to see us," Elena says hesitantly. 

"Fuck no," I reply. 

"Yeah, I know. But she told Alaric if we don't she'll go on a killing spree." 

"Fine by me. She can do what she wants." I reply blatantly.

"Kylie come on, we have to." Elena pleads. 

------

Elena and I sit at the grill whilst Stefan pretends to play pool in the corner to keep an eye on us. 

"So why didn't you want Damon to come?" Elena asks poking me in the arm. 

"I told you I ended it. Or not. Ugh, I don't know I'm confused, I just need some time." I explain before I'm cut off. 

"Hello Kylie, Elena," Isobel says as she sits across from us. " Wow, you both look just like her. I mean Kylie is the spitting image, apparently the personality matches too. It's eerie. No wonder you tickle Damon's fancy."

"Ugh shut up," I reply already fed up with her causing her to smile. 

"Wait, you've met Katherine?" Elena cuts in. 

"Yes, she found me after I turned. Genetic curiosity I suppose. She would be fascinated by you two." She replies as she continues to eye us up. 

"So why did you compel that innocent man to kill himself after he told me to stop looking for you?" Elena asks leaning forward.