4. Masquerade

DAMONS POV

"What happened?" Stefan asks as I stand in the living room with Caroline.

"Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this." I smirk.

"I saw Katherine today," Caroline says anxiously.

"Where?" Stefan asks.

"At the Grill, I just stopped by to see Matt..." She trails off as I roll my eyes.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it," I say annoyed with her constant rambling.

"Then I went to the bathroom and I saw Kylie. But then I realised it wasn't Kylie because I knew Kylie was at the hospital with Jenna. So I tried to speed past her but she stopped me, and said she needed me to deliver a message." Caroline explains ever so dramatically.

"What was the message?" Stefan asks.

"She said to tell Damon and Stefan that she wants the moonstone. Or she will rip the town apart until it rains blood." Caroline says with a sigh.

"Tell him the rest of it." I urge as she nods.

"She wants it tonight. At the masquerade ball." Caroline explains.

"She wants to do it in public." Stefan sighs.

"She's running scared, what she did to Jenna was desperate." I roll my eyes at her carelessness.

"We can't underestimate her, we have to play this smarter than her." Stefan says pacing around the room.

"Can't we just give her to Moonstone?" Caroline pleads as I scoff at her stupidity.

"No! Katherine's not getting dick, I've had it. I'm gonna go to the ball, and I'm gonna kill her." I say throwing my hands up in frustration. Katherine hurting Jenna to get to Kylie really struck a nerve with me.

"You're not gonna kill her." Stefan cuts in as I roll my eyes at him.

"Don't give me that goody crap," I reply.

"You're not gonna kill her. Because I am." Stefan says causing me to raise my eyebrows in shock. Finally.

----

KYLIES POV

"I feel like an invalid," Jenna complains as I hand her a slice of pizza while we sit on the couch. We just got her home from the hospital, thank god. The masquerade ball is tonight but I decided to pass on this one. Usually, I love any reason to dress up, but I didn't want to leave Jenna alone.

"That's because you are an invalid." I joke as she rolls her eyes. "Where's Elena?"

"She's gone to bed. I think she had a fight with Stefan, and she doesn't seem to be taking it well." Jenna says as I sigh. I swear there's always something with them.

"What about Jeremy? Isn't he hungry?" I ask while picking up a slice of pizza.

"He already left for the Lockwood party," Jenna replies.

"What? He went to that?" I ask surprised, usually Jeremy hates that kind of stuff.

"Yeah, I'm glad he needs to have more fun. Lose some of that emo thing." Jenna replies as I get up and head into the kitchen. I walk up to Alaric opening a bottle of wine in the kitchen.

"What's going on?" I ask him while leaning against the counter.

"What do you mean?" He asks suspiciously.

"Well, I haven't heard from anyone all day. It's like everyone's been avoiding me. And now Jeremy's supposedly at the party? He hates that stuff." I say as Alaric avoids eye contact.