9. Nurse

"Kylie?" I hear from my door as I slip my top over my head and turn to see Elena. Before I can say anything she rushes over and hugs me. "Thank you. I know it was you who saved Stefan."

"I also managed to strike a hot deal with Elijah, so now we're all safe." I smile.

"Yeah about that... Apparently, Katherine told Stefan that Isobel could have some answers about Klaus. So he wants to visit her." Elena says anxiously waiting for my response.

"You've got to be kidding me! I save him and then he pulls this shit. This could ruin the whole deal, Elijah wanted us to lay low." I yell as I grab my keys and storm out of my room. Finally, Bonnie lowered her spell so I can leave my own fucking house. This whole thing is ridiculous, I know.

"Where are you going?" Elena asks at the top of the stairs as I turn back to face her.

"To pay your boyfriend a visit."

----

I storm into the Salvatore's before I see Damon in the living room with Rose. Her top is pulled down her shoulder slighting, revealing a large oozing gash.

"Jesus Christ that looks horrific," I say walking into the room as Damon gives me a glare and grabs my hand pulling me out of the room.

"Not helping." He mutters as I roll my eyes.

"Where's Stefan?" I ask.

"He just left. Why?" Damon asks.

"You need to talk to him. He's convinced he has to find Isobel but that's going to upset Elijah and fuck up my whole deal." I explain angrily.

"Nope not happening, I'm with Stefan on this one. But if you could play Nurse for a little while..." He replies nodding his head towards Rose.

"Ugh, I didn't come here to play nurse. Why don't you call Elena?" I reply in an annoyed tone.

"Because I don't like Elena and the thought of you playing nurse is far more thrilling. Think of it as a repayment for the dozens of times I've saved your life." Damon replies grinning before walking out the front door.

----

"I hate this, I haven't had a cold in five centuries. When we die, it's fast and sudden. And it's certainly not drawn out with an illness." Rose complains as I walk her to the guest bedroom. I help her get onto the bed and I pull the sheets over her as she lays down in pain.

"You're not gonna die," I say reassuringly causing her to chuckle.

"Such a human thing to say," Rose replies as I roll my eyes at her. So much for my attempt to be nice. I sit on the edge of the bed as she turns to look at me. "You're lucky, you know? No one's ever loved me the way you're loved."

"I doubt that," I reply with a soft laugh.

"I truly don't think you understand how loved you are. Damon finds any excuse he can to talk about you, trust me it's all I've heard about the past few days. And the way he looks at you... Why are you so eager to give it all up?" She asks curiously as I try to ignore everything she just said, despite the small smile that creeps over my face for a split second.

"I'm not giving up on anything. Here." I reply handing her a glass of blood to help her heal.

"Then what do you call this whole deal with Elijah?" She asks as I roll my eyes. Why is everyone so critical?

"I call it my best option," I reply shortly.

"It's your easiest option," Rose replies as I scoff.

"That's not fair," I reply getting frustrated with her.