𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"No place for you in human society? Does being alone leave you triggered? If your answer to any of these is yes, it's okay. The Holiday Committee has your back." M.G.'s voice faded out when Kaleb tapped the shoulder of Rafael causing both of us to turn around. "Hey, guys. I need you to me a favor. Can you look after him while I'm gone on this trip with Dr. S?" I'll admit I was a little salty I didn't get invited, but Hope promised me she'll tell me everything when she gets back.

"M.G.'s doing this little 'happy act' thing, but... he gets really weird around holidays." Rafael's eyebrows knit together confused. "Why?" They both turned to me causing me to sigh I didn't want to give them to much information because M.G. trusted me with that secret. "His family... they... they... never invite him home." Kaleb nodded with a solemn face like he already knew.

"So you know, just... hit up his little events." I nodded already down, I mean it's not like I have have anything better to do. "And..." Rafael groaned "Come on man, it's-it's the least you can do. Especially after getting down and dirty with the love of his life." I hoped no one would notice my burning cheeks that were probably hot enough to pop popcorn. Rafael turned to Kaleb surprised.

"Oh yeah, everybody knows." Rafael turned the other way slightly pulling our entwined hands to the side "Oh yeah, them too. They know." Rafael sighed slowly turning back to the head of Kaleb which sat in between Rafael's and my shoulder's. "So..."

"Alright, uh, whatever bro. Me and... Lan will hang out with your boy, alright? It's not like we have anything else to do." Kaleb nodded "What about your girlfriend?" If my cheeks could've gotten hotter, they did. Rafael turned to me, even his cheeks were tinted a light shade of pink. "You wanna, uh..." I laughed "Yeah. I planned on it." Kaleb stuck his hand out and Rafael shook it before me. This would be fun.

••••

"Survey says—— you just got owned." I smiled at M.G. I didn't care if we as wolves were loosing, he was happy, and it was contagious. "Don't be mad, this stuff is in my blood. My dad's a trivia god. We play games like this all the time." And there it was. Everyone who's been through anything did it. The happy memories come back when your happy, and then your sad again.

"Uh, we used too. You know, before the..." I sent M.G. a warm smile throwing my arm around his shoulders. "Wait, so let me get this straight." Landon sat up and I knew this wasn't gonna be good. "You died, and then became a vampire, and then your dad just... ghosted you?" I sighed slowly mouthing the words Shut up in repeat to the curly haired boy.

"Pretty much. Uh, I hear from my mom all the time, and she just says like, he's busy. Either way, we don't talk." Hope, and I, we're close because we bond on the fact that we both understand what it's like loose all of your close ones. M.G., and I, we're close because we bond on the fact that we both understand what it's like to have family that doesn't want you.

"Maybe you should." I shook my head, and Rafael stood up. By his face, I could tell he agreed with my thoughts. Landon needs to shut his mouth. "Or maybe some things are better left unsaid, right, Lan?"

"Sure. But, I mean, the whole point of having a family is so you can..." Rafael sat back down next to him "Be an actual family." M.G.'s hand latched onto mine only making me feel worse, and hoping Landon would just shut up. "Look, what I'm trying to say is, if you want answers... I hope you find them. Because I would do anything to avoid another round of Faction Feud."