Chapter Twenty-Eight

#CYECChapter28

"CIEM? Are you listening?"

I broke out of my trance when Adam called me. "Huh?" wala sa sarili kong sabi.

"I'm asking you what wedding do you prefer. Beach wedding? Church wedding? Anything will do, just tell me what you want." He smiled.

"O-Oh. Sorry. Nawala sa isip ko. Beach wedding na lang siguro? We used to plan our wedding when we were still in high school. And we both wanted a beach wedding," nakangiti kong sabi. Mas lumapad ang ngiti niya at tumango-tango.

"I'm glad you still remember that," he said, planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

I just stared at him, and I stayed like that for a few seconds. "I love you, Adam."

His lips curved into smile and gave me a soft kiss on my lips. "I love you, too."

"I hope you're not hiding anything from me," bigla kong sabi. That caught him off guard. I don't know why, but I saw something in his eyes that makes me think he's really hiding something from me.

"I . . ." He trailed off. "Honestly, I have to tell you something."

Sa 'di malamang dahilan ay nagsimula akong makaramdam ng kaba nang sabihin niya iyon. So, meron nga siyang tinatago sa 'kin.

"But this is not the right time, Ciem. You have to trust me, okay? No matter what happens, you have to trust me."

His eyes were begging me to trust him. His eyes were sincere. He was sincere. But I'm still hesitant about it. How could I trust him if he's not saying anything to me? Ano ba ang tinatago niya sa 'kin? Bakit hindi niya pa sabihin sa 'kin ngayon?

"May ibang babae ka ba?" mahinahon, pero madiin na sabi ko.

His eyes widened in surprise. "W-What? No! It's not like that. I will never do that. What made you say that?" Bakas sa mukha niya ang pag-aalala, pero umiling lang ako at pilit na ngumiti.

"That's all I want to know. Kung may ibang babae ka. Kasi kung meron, sabihin mo na sa 'kin. I'm willing to let you g—"

"Baby, that's not going to happen. Ikaw lang ang mahal ko. Ikaw lang ang meron ako. Walang iba."

Then why are you not telling me about Rysie? Why do you keep on seeing her?

I want to ask him that, but I couldn't. There's something inside me that wants to trust Adam no matter what.

Slowly, I nodded. I rested my head on his shoulder and stayed like that for a while.

"I trust you, Adam." I will always trust him. Siya lang ang pinagkakatiwalaan ko. Kahit anong mangyari, siya lang.

***

AS I sat in the dressing room with the make-up artist putting the final touches on my face, I could not stop thinking about how everything will look once I go out of this room. I know I was part of every planning stage, and I've already had idea to what the venue would look like, but still, I'm really excited to see how we put all this to reality.

When she was through, I stood up and hugged her. "Thank you for making me look so pretty on this very special day," nakangiting sabi ko. I'm just so happy right now. Walang mapaglagyan ang saying nararamdaman ko. Kahit na naging mahirap ang buhay ko, si Adam ang naging pahinga ko.

She flashed me a lovely smile and gave me my bouquet of flowers, so I thanked her again.

I headed towards where the groom and the entire audience were waiting. I clutched tightly to Sandro's hand as we slowly walked down the path leading to the gazebo. Yes, Sandro's the one who will walk me down the aisle to give my hand to my groom. Sandro was the only friend I have. I have no family left. I actually wanted Adam's dad to walk me down the aisle, but I also didn't want him to. Adam's dad was like a father to me, too. But Sandro saved me so many times, and I want him to be the one walking down with me on this very special day. If he didn't save me, I wouldn't be here today. I owe it all to him.