Chapter Thirty-Four: Seymour

Start from the beginning

"Family? You're here with family?" Fisher asked and my breathing nearly stopped.

"Y-yes, but they're not vampires, or werewolves, my family is human," I told him, hoping he'd leave them alone knowing they weren't like us.

"Then where's your pack? If it's not your family, then who? You can't lie to us, my pack smelt them on you when they picked you up; I can smell them on you. But there's also a much stronger scent on you. A mate, perhaps?" Fisher inquired and I tensed up nervously. What would he do to them if he knew about Kyle and his pack? Use me against them? Hurt them? The beta narrowed his eyes and stepped forward again when I didn't answer but his Alpha raised his hand, sighing as he looked to the wall as if deep in thought.

"I suppose I'll just have to ask your family about them, see if they know any-" He started thoughtfully and I jerked against the chains, ignoring the shock of pain that came with it.

"No! They don't know anything, please don't hurt them," I begged. I hated being at their mercy like this, begging like a dog for scraps, but I couldn't let them near my family; near my aunts and uncles, near my little cousins.

"There's no need to, as long as you answer my questions no one needs to get hurt," Fisher raised his hands in a placating gesture. I lowered my head, submitting to him in defeat.

"I do have a mate. His name is Kyle. My pack is his pack," I told him, biting at my lip anxiously.

"He lives in Montana also?" I nodded silently, not wanting to give him more information than I needed to. "Is he here?" I shook my head this time. "Must not be a very good mate if you're here and he's not even in the same state."

"There is nothing wrong with my mate! He's a good person and he's far better than you!" I snapped, anger bubbling in me as he badmouthed my mate. Fisher raised an eyebrow at me then looked at his Beta.

"We're done here. For now. Leave her down here, no blood," the Alpha said as he turned and walked up the stairs without another glance my way. His Beta followed him upstairs and the door slammed behind them. I let out a shuddering breath and dropped my head as I choked up on tears. I fell asleep crying for my mother and wishing for Kyle.

~~~

There was a soft creak and I blinked my eyes open, shifting on my numb legs and glancing towards the stairs. It was dark, really dark and I couldn't see anything. Was Fisher back to ask more questions, to further break me and threaten my family? I blinked in surprise as the young man from earlier, Seymour, walked over to me quietly and knelt in front of me. My lips pulled back to bare my fangs instinctively, tugging on the chains as I tried to press back away from him.

"Hey, shh, they'll hear you," he said looking over his shoulder at the stairs nervously. Now that I had a closer look, I could faintly see he had a mop of curly dark brown hair.

"What do you want, why are you here," I asked, looking at him suspiciously. That changed when I saw the large black bird in his hand and leaned forward.

"I-I thought you might be hungry, and I know this isn't a lot, but it's the biggest thing I could get and still sneak in," he said apologetically. I eyed the bird hungrily then looked at Seymour.

"You know your Alpha said I wasn't allowed to eat..." I told him.

"That's why I'm not going to get caught," he smiled and pressed the bird into one of my hands. The chain allowed me to stretch my hand to a certain extent and with turning my head, I was able to feed without assistance. Seymour sat back and folded his legs under him as he let me feed, smiling shyly when I would look up at him.