Chapter Seventeen: No More Secrets

(Just so ya know, picture above is Kyle's room)

Kyle

I paced at the end of my bed, walking along the 3D cube patterned rug my bed sat on. I ran a hand through my raven hair as I growled in frustration.

"Kyle... Sit down and breath for a minute" Ashlyn said gently, looking at me from where she sat in my bay window. I looked over at her and my heart seemed to melt as her oh so blue eyes bored into mine.

"Alright..." I nodded and sat down beside her. Ashlyn gave me a small smile and rested her chin on her arms crossed over her knees. I smiled and sat with my back to the frame, facing her.

"I'm not afraid you know. Of your pack" Ashlyn said quietly. I sighed and rested my head back.

"I know you're not. I'm not afraid for you either, I know for a fact you could kick their asses easily" I teased, smiling as Ashlyn laughed. I've noticed that since us finding out about the other, she seemed so much more relaxed. Like she wasn't constantly guarding herself.

"I appreciate the confidence," Ashlyn smiled. "But for real... I promise I'll figure out how to be an Alpha... Just not quite sure how..." she mumbled, her anxiety clear in her eyes. I leaned forward and crossed my legs as I gently took her hands.

"Hey hey, don't worry. You think I know what the hell I'm doing half the time? I'm learning too." I assured, squeezing her hands. "My Father is still teaching me, and once I know how to lead my pack, I'll teach you too" I whispered, smiling as she glanced up into my eyes.

"Okay... Okay" Ashlyn nodded and sat up straight, looking more sure of herself. I chuckled and tilted my head as I twirled a strand of her hair around my finger.

"I know this is probably overwhelming, but I'm going to help you... By starting with werewolf behavior. What do you know?" I asked smiling in amusement at her surprised expression. Ashlyn rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Well! I know that males tend to be annoying possessive idiots" she said, smirking mischievously. I snorted and shook my head.

"Wow, thanks. But males mainly behave that way where their mate or pack is involved." I said stretching my arms as I yawned. Ashlyn tilted her head, looking intrigued.

"Ooooh, so that's why you get all snippy when guys talk to me..." she nodded slowly. I narrowed my eyes and let out a small growl.

"I get "snippy" when they flirt with you." I corrected. Ashlyn grinned, knowing she'd found a major button to push.

"Aww, are you jealous?" she teased. I raised an eyebrow at her and sat up.

"No. I'm territorial." I said bluntly. "I have no reason to be jealous, you're mine." I growled, staring straight into Ashlyn's eyes. Her eyes widened and she looked away quickly, blushing furiously.

"I- I would argue, but I guess that's technically true because we're mates..." she mumbled. I bit my lip and ran a hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry, you're not used to the territorial-ness of werewolves..." I muttered. Ashlyn huffed and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I have a feeling I'll get used to it..." she smiled. "It's okay. It's just who you are and how you were raised" Ashlyn nodded. "Now. Tell me more about "Werewolf behavior." especially about that thing you do, where you all bowed your heads in front of your Dad" she said crossing her legs.

"That? Well... He's Alpha, and we're pack. I trust you understand how a wolf pack works?" I asked, waiting for her to nod before continuing. "A werewolf pack is practically the same. The pack is led by two wolves. The Alpha pair. Then there's the Beta, or second in command. My father is Alpha, and when we bare our necks like that, that's us submitting." I explained. Ashlyn frowned, and I could tell she was struggling to grasp this concept.

"Why would you submit...? I get being part wolf and everything, but..." she mumbled, looking at me desperately for an answer. I leaned forward again and gently took her hand, playing with her fingers as I thought momentarily.

"Ashlyn... What you have to understand is that we're just as animal as we are man, maybe even more so. We need an Alpha, we need that hierarchy in our lives because of our animal instincts. Without that control, our wolves are untamed and uncontrolled. And when a wolf has no Alpha, a wolf is dangerous." I sighed, looking up at Ashlyn. She nodded slowly and I could tell she was starting to get it.

"So you live with that dominance hierarchy because the animal part of you requires it?" She asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Exactly. So we submit to our Alpha, because it is his wolf that keeps ours in check." I said, feeling proud she was getting it so quickly.

"Alright, but... What happens when a pack member refuses to submit?" she asked slowly. My smile faltered as I looked down at her hand, frowning slightly as I traced the lines on her palm.

"Then the Alpha must force them into submission. And if the pack member wishes, they can challenge the Alpha for the title of leader. It's just like a regular wolf pack." I nodded. Ashlyn looked shocked and I scrambled to explain. "Ash, I'm going to tell you now, you might see things that push you out of your comfort zone. You'll see fighting, arguing, and more than once teeth and claws coming out."

Ashlyn opened and closed her mouth slowly, blinking a few times in surprise. "Will I ever see you in wolf form?" she asked suddenly, catching me completely off guard.

"U-um, yes, most likely..." I sighed. My eyes widened slightly and I quickly looked up at her. "B-but I would never hurt you! You'll never have a reason to fear me" I stammered. "Yes, I might lose it, that happens occasionally, but- but I could never-"

I stopped as soon as I felt Ashlyn's lips against mine and my eyes closed without me even needing to think about it. I slowly wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her towards me, tilting my head when I felt her against me. I felt her everywhere. Where Ashlyn's body touched mine, my nerves tingled and were overloaded. I let out a slow breath after she pulled away, opening my eyes slowly as she settled tucked against my side.

"I'm not afraid of you Kyle..." she mumbled, my heart missing a beat when she said my name. "You don't need to promise me those things because I already know. I... I trust you." She nodded. I smiled and nuzzled her head, closing my eyes as we relaxed into eachother.

"Thank you..."

~~~
Aye, look at that! Another chapter... Five days after the latest one! Not too bad if I may say so myself. *proud* Anyway! I hope you enjoyed, don't forget to vote on the chapter and share the story, peace!

Wolf Girl out~! ✌🐺