Chapter 16: Disconnected

I know I said the new chapter would be up by the time March of the Oni gets released. But since the official U.S. release date is April 19, I'm not too late now, am I? I'm still slow but I'm not giving up. If you're still reading this, thank you for sticking around. The next chapter will finally reveal Cole's relation to Garmadon. Stay tuned for Chapter 17: The Sons of Garmadon.

There's also a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo of Ultra Dragon in this chapter.

Thanks to Koberoo for the Jasmine tea suggestion for Jay and Nya. And thanks to Evelinaonline for suggesting green tea and black tea for Lloyd and Cole respectively.

INT. SECRET NINJA WAREHOUSE - DAY

The Ninja are busy training in hand-to-hand combat. Blasts of fire and ice clash violently as Kai and Zane spar against each other. A dangerous dance between lightning and water ensues as Jay and Nya counter each other's blows with precision. In the far off corner, Cole trains alone, angrily beating up a practice dummy on his own. He delivers an incredibly strong punch and completely obliterates it.

Meanwhile, Nya hits a pressure point on Jay. The Blue Ninja freezes up and collapses on the floor. The lightning in his hands disappear. Nya then stoops down and hits another pressure point on Jay's shoulder, causing him to unfreeze. Nya helps her boyfriend up and they both laugh.

The door of the warehouse opens, cutting like a knife through any lighthearted mood there was in the warehouse. As Lloyd and Master Wu enter, all of the Ninja suddenly stop training and turn their attention to Wu and Lloyd. Jay is the first one to break the silence.

JAY: So... did Lloyd tell you? That his Dad knows who he is now?

MASTER WU: Yes, he mentioned something about that.

NYA: And?

MASTER WU: It was most unfortunate, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

All the Ninja are dumbstruck. They cannot believe how lightly Master Wu is taking Lloyd's revelation to his Dad that he is the Green Ninja.

Lloyd smiles sheepishly.

KAI: And you're okay with this?

MASTER WU: It was inevitable. All we have to do now is to make the best of our current situation.

The Ninja all have looks of disbelief on their faces, but Cole lowers his eyelids in a deadpan gaze. He isn't even surprised anymore at this point.

MASTER WU: Anyway, as you were. Everyone, continue training.

Slightly confused, the Ninja shrug and continue training.

MASTER WU: As iron sharpens iron, brother sharpens brother!

NYA: And sister!

MASTER WU: Yes, and sister! Sibling sharpens sibling! That is how you can each unlock your true potential!

While the other Ninja pair up, Cole goes back to the practice dummy. A destructive punch signals that he is in no mood to be paired up with Lloyd, or anyone, at the moment. Lloyd practices Spinjitzu on his own.

While the Ninja are training, Master Wu goes around the warehouse and comments on the training of each of his students.

MASTER WU: Excellent form, Lloyd! Jay, harder! Nya, better! Kai, faster! Zane, stronger! Cole...