Chapter 10: Happy Birthday To Me!

EXT. THE BRIDGE - DAY

We see a shot of Lil' Nelson as he tries coaxing the dogs and puppies into the Blast Shelter. A puppy jumps onto Lil' Nelson's lap. Lil' Nelson hears the sound of incoming missiles and turns to look at it. He gasps. His eyes are wide with fear.

The missiles come closer and closer. Then suddenly...

KABOOM!

The missiles all detonate in a massive explosion. Lil' Nelson turns away from the explosion and shields himself with his hands. The explosion ends and Lil' Nelson is surprised to find himself unharmed. The puppy has disappeared.

LIL' NELSON: Huh?

Lil' Nelson looks up and sees several flick-fire missiles zoom past by towards the Manta Ray Bombers.

Several Bombers explode. The rest break away from formation. We pan back to the source of the missiles. It is the Quake Mech.

INT. QUAKE MECH - DAY

Cole speaks with a slight bitter edge to his voice.

COLE: I can do way more than flip tables with a giant mech equipped with an arsenal of missiles!

Cole is fiddling around with various levers and switches to shoot the flick-fire missiles at the Manta Ray Bombers.

COLE: Actually, this ain't so bad.

EXT. NINJAGO ROOFTOP - DAY

Lloyd witnesses the Quake Mech intercept the attack on The Bridge. He jumps off of the rooftop and back onto the Green Dragon Mech. He radios in on the communicator to congratulate Cole.

LLOYD: (ecstatically) Omigosh! Black! That was amazing! Nice save!

The others chime in over the communicator.

ZANE: That was an incredible rescue of my domicile infrastructure!

JAY: You're the absolute best, buddy!

KAI AND NYA: Yay! We're not homeless!

CUT TO: INT. QUAKE MECH - DAY

Inside the cockpit, we focus on a close up shot of Cole's communicator. It remains silent and Cole doesn't hear any of the praise he is getting from his team mates. We then focus on a photo on the control dashboard. It is a photo of Batman training. Beneath it are the words "SHOW NO PAIN, FEEL NO EMOTION".

We then go to a close up of Cole's face. He looks as stoic as ever.

CUT TO: NINJAGO CITY STREET - DAY

Lloyd and the others notice Cole hasn't responded over the communicator.

LLOYD: Come in, Black. Do you copy?

Lloyd is greeted by sounds of static.

LLOYD: Hey, can any of you guys get to Black?

KAI: Nope.

NYA: Nuh-uh.

JAY: I've got nothing.

ZANE: It appears he has switched off his communicator. But not to worry, I can patch myself through.

CUT TO: INT. QUAKE MECH - DAY