Chapter 13: There is Something I Haven't Told You (Part 1)

EXT. NINJAGO HIGH SCHOOL - DAY

The school bell rings, signalling the end of class. The school's main entrance doors slam open. A motorcycle flies out and we go into slow motion for a beat to see Nya driving it and the other Ninja all holding on for dear life.

Nya has an intense look about her as she drives maniacally along the road. She swerves this way and that avoiding other vehicles and pedestrians until she makes her way to a long open stretch of road overlooking the ocean.

EXT. OCEAN VIEW ROAD - DAY

With no other vehicles in sight, the motorcycle cruises along smoothly. We then focus on Cole as he hears an ethereal sound and a splashing noise coming from the ocean. He turns toward the noise, calling the other's attention.

COLE: Hey guys, look! It's the Sacred Koi!

Everyone turns to the ocean and sees a giant, brick-built, multi-colored fish jumping out of the water. The Sacred Koi looks older now than she did in the flashback. She now sports long feeler tendrils extending from the sides of her face and fins. The sun glistens across her scales majestically as she appears to almost fly in and out of the water.

EVERYONE: WOAAAAHHHH!

The Sacred Koi catches sight of the six Ninja and waves at them amicably, for the Sacred Koi is a Friend to All. The Ninja cheer and wave back in response.

We then focus on Jay who has a increasingly panicked look on his face.

JAY: Uhh, Nya? I don't want to be a backseat driver in our relationship but you should really keep your eyes on the road!

Nya turns her head back to the road in front of her and she narrowly avoids colliding with an oncoming vehicle. She reacts not a second too soon, swerving hard to the right and going off the road, away from the direction of the ocean.

The motorcycle crashes into a fence but they still keep going, straight into the area of the city that was destroyed during Garmadon's attack where the Rebuild effort is still ongoing.

EXT. REBUILD EFFORT AREA - DAY

The Ninjago City civilians are all still singing and dancing in perfect choreography to the song "Rebuild this City!" as they clean up the debris and reconstruct the destroyed buildings.

LOU AND THE ROYAL BLACKSMITHS: Marconi plays the mamba! Listen to the radio! Don't you remember? Rebuild this city!

CIVILIAN CROWD: Rebuild this city on rock and... AAAAAAAAHHH!

The civilians suddenly shout and jump out of the way as Nya and the other Ninja drive through their formation. The music grinds to a halt just as the motorcycle skids to a stop.

NYA: Hehe, sorry about that, folks!

JAY: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

ZANE: Our most humble apologies.

Nya and the other Ninja begin to apologize. In response, the civilians frown and scowl angrily at being interrupted.

We go to a close up of Cole as he smiles and raises his hands sheepishly as though to say "whoops!"

We then go to a close up of Lou as he looks at his son disapprovingly.

We then focus on Nya and Jay as they share a look and nod. They both jump off the motorcycle and start picking up Lego pieces of debris. In complete synchronization, Nya and Jay swiftly Master Build a makeshift turntable out of the Lego pieces. Once the turntable is finished, they both push Cole toward it.