"That's not Stiles"

I sat next to Stiles's hospital bed, where he was asleep. I looked at him, tears in my eyes as he looked so peaceful sleeping. I looked down and intertwined my fingers with his.

"Come back to me, Stiles. Please." I choked. I looked up as the door opened and Stiles's dad walked in.

"Y/N, can you wait outside for a moment? The nurse wants to take some blood." He nodded. I returned it before letting Stiles's hand go and walking to the door. I gave one last look at Stiles before leaving the room.

"Y/N." Stilinski spoke. I looked at him, making him sigh.

"I don't know how you knew where Stiles was, but the doctor said that another half an hour, and he would have died, so thank you. You saved my son, and he's all that I have left. I can never thank you enough for that." He nodded. I returned it and smiled.

"Of course. I was happy to help, and I don't know what I would do if I lost him." I spoke. He nodded again.

"Go home, get some sleep, he'll be okay." Stilinski spoke.

"With all due respect, I'm not going anywhere. I told Stiles that I wouldn't leave him." I responded, making him give me a small smile.

"You're a good kid. Stiles is lucky to have you." He spoke. I gave him a small smile before sitting down in the chair in the hall. I rested my chin against my hand and let my eyes flutter shut.

Stiles's P.O.V

Stiles's eyes shot open as he heavily panted. He sat up and looked around the hospital room but scrambled up the bed as he saw the same thing with bandages wrapped around its head, walking around the room.

"What do you want?" he choked. The thing looked at him.

"I want you to get rid of everyone that you've ever loved. They're all here, it'd be so easy to do." The man whispered. Stiles shook his head and gulped as he stood up. He walked to the window that looked into the corridor and parted the blinds slightly. He choked as Y/N sat there, tears running down her face as she slept.

"Oh, Y/N." he whispered, tears pooling in his own eyes.

"I've got a riddle for you, Stiles." The thing spoke. Stiles looked over his shoulder at him.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?" he hissed. Stiles shook his head.

"I don't know." He choked.

"Yes, you do. Everyone has it, but no one can lose it." He whispered.

"Repeating it won't make me suddenly know the answer." He choked.

"You know it, Stiles! Think!" he shouted.

"I DON'T KNOW!" he yelled back, tears running down his face. He looked back out the window, at Y/N. His eyes widened.

"If I answer correctly, will you let me go?" he asked.

"Of course. I'll let her live too." The thing whispered as it started to undo the bandages around its head. Stiles gulped, tears falling from his eyes.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it." He repeated before slowly turning around. His eyes wavered as he saw the thing's face.

"A shadow." He choked. The thing stood there, smirking as it looked at Stiles using his own face.

"I lied." The thing stated.

"I'm not letting you go."

Void Stiles opened his eyes and looked around. He slowly sat up and assessed the room. He stood up and pulled the blinds on the window apart slightly so that he could see out into the hospital corridor. He smirked as he saw Y/N in the chair, asleep. He shook his head as he took his hospital gown off and pulled on his jeans and his T-shirt before putting on his shoes. He opened the door and wandered out. He fake-pouted as he crouched down in front of Y/N.