The void

Y/N's P.O.V

"So, some of you did really well, others, not so good." The teacher sighed, sifting through our tests.

"Aka, me." I mumbled.

"Hey, I'm sure that you did great. You're a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for." Stiles admitted. I looked at him.

"You really think that?" I smiled. He looked down and wet his lips with his tongue before looking back at me.

"Yeah. I do." He nodded, looking at me with those gorgeous whiskey eyes.

"Well, thank you for that, Stiles." I smiled. He returned it as the teacher passed us, placing our tests on our desks. I looked down and groaned at the big red-letter "D" on my paper.

"Read it and weep." I sighed, showing Stiles my paper.

"Oh, god. I suppose that that makes mine more painful." He spoke, giving me an sheepish smile as he showed me his paper, marked with a red "A".

"No, it's okay, I'm happy for you." I smiled. He returned it before his eyes widened slightly.

"I have an idea. How about I tutor you?" he asked. I gulped at the thought of being alone with Stiles.

"I don't know." I sighed.

"Aw, come on, it'll be fun. We could study for a couple hours, then we could watch a movie or something." He shrugged. My lips curled into a smile.

"What, watch a movie like we would for a date?" I smirked, biting my lip. He smiled and chuckled as he looked down before looking back at me.

"Yeah. The movie part can be our second date." He smiled. I returned it.

"Great." I nodded.

"So, do you want to come over after school today?" he asked.

"I'd love to." I smiled again. He returned it as the bell went and we gathered up our stuff.

Stiles opened his front door and let us in.

"Dad, are you home?" he called out. He sighed as he got no response.

"Well, I guess that we're alone." He chuckled slightly, following me up his stairs.

"What about your mom?" I asked. He looked down.

"My mom died when I was ten." He nodded. My eyes widened.

"Oh, Stiles, I'm so sorry." I winced. He shrugged and gave me a small smile as he led me into his room.

"It's okay, you didn't know." He reassured, tossing his backpack onto his bed.

Stiles and I sat cross-legged on his bed, facing each other and doing notes. I looked at Stiles, smiling to myself as he absentmindedly poked himself in the jaw with the rubber end of his pencil.

"Stiles, can I ask you something?" I asked. He looked up.

"Sure." He nodded. I looked down.

"What happened to your mom?" I asked. His face immediately lost all expression as he looked at me. I gulped.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-."

"No, no, it's okay, it's just a difficult story." He shook his head.

"Don't tell me if you don't want to." I reassured. He sighed and shook his head.

"Come here." He spoke, moving all of our textbooks out of the way and pulling me closer so that our knees were touching.