"What are you?"

Y/N's P.O.V

I walked into the cafeteria and headed towards our table.

"Hey, guys." I smiled, earning greetings and nods of acknowledgement as I sat down next to Stiles and opposite Lydia.

"Y/N, that's a really pretty bracelet, can I see it?" Lydia asked.

"Sure." I nodded, setting my wrist out so that she could see it. She took my wrist in her hand and yanked it towards her.

"Lydia, ow." I hissed slightly.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to see all of the small details." She smiled, letting go of my wrist before looking at Stiles. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked at him. He looked at me and smiled.

"You okay there, Stiles?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah, yeah, course. Didn't happen to feel anything there, did you?" he asked.

"Like what?" I chuckled. He shrugged and wet his lips with his tongue.

"I don't know, a rush of energy, a heartbeat, an electric shock?" he asked. My smile faltered.

"You don't believe me, do you? You don't believe that what I felt was an electric shock." I realised. His eyes widened.

"No, I do, I just...um...well..." he stuttered, gulping as he looked at me. I scoffed and shook my head before grabbing my bag and standing up.

"Thanks for having so much faith and trust in me." I mumbled before starting to walk away.

"Y/N!" he called after me but I ignored him as I walked out.

Stiles's P.O.V

Stiles groaned and rested his head on the table as Y/N walked out.

"Well played." Lydia sighed.

"What was I meant to say? "Yes, I think that you're lying but I have no freaking clue what you're trying to hide"?" he scoffed.

"Well maybe she's not hiding anything. Absolutely nothing happened when I touched her. If she was some sort of creature that could sense others, she would have known that I'm a banshee. Maybe she's just normal. You could use someone normal in your life. We all could." Lydia mumbled before going back to her phone. Stiles sighed.

"She may not be in my life at all after that." He muttered to himself before stabbing his fork into a piece of chicken.

Y/N's P.O.V

I lay on my bed, surrounded by notes and endless sheets of paper. I groaned as I heard the doorbell go.

"Y/N, you get it, I'm working!" my mom yelled. I groaned again as I sat up and climbed off of my bed before heading down the stairs. My eyebrows furrowed as all I could see through the window in the door was a mob of quaffed brown hair. I opened the door and my eyes widened.

"Hey there." Stiles smiled sheepishly.

"Um, hey Stiles, as lovely as it is to see you, how did you know where I lived?" I asked. His eyes squinted and he pointed to the house next to mine.

"Y/N, Scott's your neighbour." He scoffed. My eyes widened.

"Oh. My god. How did I not know that?" I chuckled.

"I don't know." He smiled before looking down.

"What's wrong, Stiles?" I asked. He sighed and scratched the back of his head.