19

I looked at the pregnancy test and breathed a sigh of relief. 

Negative. 

I left the bathroom and looked at Hermione, who was looking for something in my fridge.

I cleared my throat and she turned to me with her mouth full of strawberries.

"Tell me I'll be an aunt?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"No. False alarm" I showed her a pregnancy test, and then I threw it into the bin. "Your intuition has failed you," I murmured and sat at the table.

"My intuition never fails me." Hermione nodded. "Tomorrow I'll buy you another pregnancy test," she added, and I shook my head.

"I'm not pregnant," I said firmly. "I take pills"

"Okay. We'll see in a few weeks"

"Hermione!" I snapped. I heard the vibrations of my phone.

"Your phone," Hermione nodded, on the phone that was on the kitchen counter.

"I don't want to talk with him now," I said and looked at the phone screen. I rejected FP's call and muted the phone.

"You'll talk when you're ready," Hermione smiled at me and grabbed my hand.

"Yes," I nodded. "Maybe I should leave town for a few weeks?

"Where do you want to go?"

"To Greendale. To my parents," I answered quietly. "I would rest a bit."

"What about Betty and Polly?"

"They could live with Hal, or go with me, but I don't want them to have problems in school because of absence"

"They can live with us, I think Veronica will be happy," Hermione said, and I smiled at her.

"How many times have I told you that I love you?"

"About a thousand times"

"I say it again, I love you," I laughed softly and hugged Hermione to myself.

I heard a knock on the door. I sighed quietly.

"Please, open the door," I asked Hermione. "If it's  FP I don't want to talk to him," I added, and Hermione nodded.

She went to the door and opened it. I heard a man's voice, but it wasn't the  FP's. That was his father voice.

I turned to him and looked at him as he entered the living room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked quietly, and he sighed.

"Can we talk?" he asked, and I bit my lip. I didn't know what Forsythe senior wanted to talk to me about. I hoped he wouldn't want to defend his son and his wife.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked and got up from my chair.

"Can we go outside?"

"Just let me get dressed," I said. I was still in my robe. and went upstairs.

After five minutes I came back dressed in tracksuits and went outside where Forsythe stood.

"You live in a very nice area," he said, and I nodded.

"I know," I smiled.

"I'm sorry for what happened at the ball," he said, and my smile disappeared. "I won't justify my son or my wife, but I want you to know that I had no idea that Gladys came back"

"She made a great entrance," I said, and Forsythe sighed heavily.

"I'm sick of this family" when I heard these words, I looked at him. "That's why I'm divorcing with Theresa," he added. I opened my eyes wide.