11

"FP we can't meet today. My daughters are sick," I said to the telephone. I was sorry for that, but my daughters have always been in the first place for me.

"I understand, Alice, we'll meet another night," he said, and I frowned.

"Night?" I sighed heavily. "Do you only want to spend one night with me?" I asked. I heard his quiet, charming laugh.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Al," his answer melted my heart. I smiled broadly.

"You are cute," I whispered. "I have to go because Hal will come to help me take care of my daughters"

"Hal?" I heard the anger in his voice. "So Hal is going to spend the night with you, helping you look after daughters?"

"Yes, Forsythe. He is their father and he has the right to do it," I said firmly. 

"I hope Hal can keep his hands on him," he growled and just hung up. I looked ahead, surprised at his behaviour.

Why FP was so possessive? What did I do to him? I wiped one stray tear from my eye and put the phone in my back pocket.

I heard the doorbell. Great, Harold came ...

"Come in Hal," I shouted and went into the kitchen.

"Hi, Alice" Hal walked inside and greeted me with a smile. I looked at him and smiled slightly.

"What about our divorce petition?" I asked and crossed my arms. Hal sighed.

"The divorce petition is almost finished," he replied. "But do we have to hurry with our divorce?" He asked, and I laughed.

"Are you serious?" I asked and shook my head. "Penelope has already found another lover and abandoned you?"

Hal didn't answer. I recognized it as confirmation.

"Oh my God, really?" I asked and opened my mouth wide. I wanted to laugh.

"Not really, We're just arguing a lot... She wants to go back to Clifford"

"That's, unfortunately, your problem, Hal," I shrugged. "Go to the girls, get Betty's temperature and give Polly a cough syrup, I'll make them tea with lemon and ginger," I said.

"I like it when you are so bossy" Hal smiled slightly and I bit my lip.

"I've been bossy for ten years of our marriage, it's a habit." I shrugged and turned on the kettle. "Go upstairs to girls and don't look at me like that," I added.

"I'm going. Just ... You look very sexy today in this dress," he said and disappeared on the stairs, and I took a deep breath.

What the fuck just happened?

"Betty's temperature dropped," Hal said as he walked into my bedroom.

"That's good, Hal." I sighed and began to make the bed. If it was not for Harold, FP would be here. I looked at my phone, but there was no message from FP.

"Are you waiting for the phone?" he asked, and I nodded.

"You can say that," I replied and smiled slightly.

That was weird. I wanted to have sex today. I didn't want to do it with Hal, I wanted to do it with FP. Without thinking, I closed my eyes and started tying my hair. I wanted to give myself pleasure.

Before I realized it, Hal stood behind me and put his arms around me. I closed my eyes and smiled gently as he started kissing my neck. Perhaps Hal wasn't the best in bed, but at the moment he was perfect for me.