9

"Coffee and cupcake ready," said FP when he saw me.

He smiled broadly, I can see that he was happy. I wondered if I was the reason for his happiness?

"I'm happy" I smiled slightly and smoothed my shirt.

I was nervous when I was in his presence. He noticed that something was wrong because when he came to me, I instinctively stepped back.

"Alice" FP looked at me.

"I ..." I started to speak, but FP interrupted me.

"Well, did you talk with my mother?" he asked, changing the subject. We weren't ready for any approximation.

"Yes, we talked," I replied and sat at the table.

"My mother is trying very hard," he said, and I nodded. 

"My only regret is that together with Gladys and her mother she plotted the intrigue," I shrugged and poured strawberry on a fork. I looked at FP, he looked embarrassed.."What? Did I say something wrong?" I asked him and he sat down next to me. At the same time, Theresa entered the kitchen.

"How wonderful you two look!" she said with exaggeration.

"What intrigue?" ask FP, and I opened my mouth. I had no idea that FP didn't know about it.

"What intrigue?" I heard Theresa's voice.

"I thought you knew," I put my fork back on the table and looked at FP.

"What do I know?"

"What I did," Theresa answered. "He didn't know about it," she added and looked at me.

"I'm not going to tell him, Theresa. You have to do it," I said and got up from my chair.

I wanted to get out of here. I felt FP's hand on my wrist and I knew that when I spent a few seconds in this room I would cry.

"Alice, wait" FP grabbed my hand more firmly. I tried to move away from him, fighting tears in my eyes.

"I don't want to be here," I said.

"Alice didn't betray you. It was Gladys' idea, she put sleeping pills into Alice's champagne and then. And then she asked her friend for help. Alice is innocent." Theresa said, her voice trembling.

"What?" FP growled. I saw suffering and anger on his face.

"FP, son ... I'm sorry!" Theresa tried to calm him down.

"Don't touch me. Don't touch Alice!" he shouted and pulled me to him.

I started to cry, so FP hugged me. I hid my face in his shirt. My tears left wet marks on the fabric.

"FP I wanted to tell you, but I was afraid you would hate me!" Theresa was desperate. I heard it, but I couldn't look at her, because FP kept me firmly in his arms. "I didn't want you to know that Alice was pregnant with you!" she cried, and I began to cry louder. I moved away from the terrified FP.

"What... Pregnant? Alice? We have a child?" he asked with a smile. He grabbed my hand. "Why do I know nothing about him? Why?" he asked, his voice becoming sharper.

"Because he's dead," I whispered. "Our child is dead," I shouted and ran out of his house. I hated this place.

I went ahead. I had to turn to school because my daughters finished their lessons soon. I heard FP's voice behind me, but I didn't turn to face him. I stepped up to find myself as far away from him.

"Why didn't you tell me? "he shouted. He grabbed my hand, so I stopped.

"When would I tell you about it? When you said our relationship didn't make sense? "I asked, and tears ran down my cheeks.

"I hate my mother for that what she did " FP forced me to look at him. I took a deep breath.

"It's still your mother, after all, "I said."He was so tiny ... He was so ... He looked beautiful, he was like you ... He had your eyes ... " I whispered and my voice burst under the influence of emotions. "I named him Charles and a moment later his heart stopped." I finished and cried.

FP took me firmly in his arms and hugged me. he rolled his face into my hair, and I embraced him tightly around my neck. His body began to tremble, and I heard his crying in my ear.

FP cried. He cried because of our child.

"It's my fault," he whispered, and I shook my head.

"No! It's not your fault. "I took his face in my hands and looked into his eyes.

"It was meant to be "I whispered and kissed him on the lips. "It's nobody's fault. Charles was too weak. He had a heart defect, they couldn't do anything about it. "I closed her eyes. It was hard for me, but I didn't want FP to blame himself for Charles's death." Come on "I grabbed his hand.

"Where? "He asked, and I smiled

"Come, let's go to one place," I added and went with him towards the car.

I parked in the parking lot in front of the cemetery and took a deep breath. FP was too shaky to drive the car, so I decided to be a driver.

"What are we doing here?" he asked when we got out of the car,

"Come on," I grabbed his hand and went to the cemetery with him. I entered the sixth alley. At the very end, there was a small, bright grave on my left. My heart suffered.

"His grave" I whispered when we stood in front of a marble grave.

FP knelt on his knees and laid his head on the tombstone. He began to cry, and my heart fell in pain, seeing this scene.

"So many years "he whispered." So many years..." he added louder and hit his hand on marble.

I knelt beside him, grabbed his hand and kissed it.

"You won't turn back time" I whispered and stroked his cheek.

"I'd like to do it" he whispered and looked at me.

"You don't even know how many times I want to do it. "I answered.

"What are we going to do now, Alice? "he asked, and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't know, "I whispered and stroked his cheek. "What do you want, FP?" I asked. My voice was gentle and calm.

"You" he answered right away." Let's start again, slowly. Let's not make the same mistakes we made ten years ago."

"It will be difficult, "I murmured," but we can try, "I whispered.