15

"You are stubborn," sighed the FP when I left my job and immediately went to my car.

"I am," I said. "Because I am safe," I smiled at him. I kissed him on the cheek. "I'm going for a girl"

"Let me know when you get home." He waged a finger at me and went to his car.

"Okay, daddy" I showed him my and got into my car.

Gladys was in prison only through trade-in drugs, so I do not think she would like to hurt someone from her loved ones. FP was exaggerating. I was not in danger.

I picked up girls from school and went straight home.

"How was school today?" I asked with a smile.

"English teacher praised me for writing a nice story," said proud Betty.

"What did you write about?" I asked, curious.

"About the murder on the graveyard," she answered, and I opened my eyes wide.

"Elizabeth!" I said loudly. "How? WHEN?

"But, mom. She has praised me!" Betty started to defend herself, so I decided to let go.

"Fair enough, Betty," I rolled my eyes. "Polly, why are you silent?" I looked at my daughter. She sat with her head lowered down. She was sad.

"Polly is sad because she hasn't been accepted into the cheerleading team," Betty said, and Polly glared at her.

"Shut up," she growled.

"Polly!" I screamed. "Say sorry to your sister," I said.

"I'm sorry, Betty," Polly whispered. My heart ached when I saw my daughter suffering.

"Polly, you're still young, if you want, I'll sign you up to dance classes in our Town centre so that you can practice your skills"

"Really?" Polly looked at me with a smile.

"Yes, Polly."

"And I'd like to learn to play the piano as you do, mommy," Betty said, and I laughed. I drove up to our driveway.

"I can teach you if you want," I replied, and my daughter nodded.

"Will you play our favourite song today?" Polly asked, and I smiled.

"Of course, yes, but first we'll eat the dinner. In the evening, I'll make hot chocolate and teach you how to play the piano. What do you say? " I asked when I got out of the car.

"Cool!" Betty clapped her hands and walked toward the house.

"Polly" I whispered and looked at my daughter. "Cheerleaders are overrated," I kissed her on the forehead.

"How do you know that?"

"I used to be a cheerleader myself for two days. The worst and the longest two days of my life," I sighed and Polly laughed.

"I love you," she said and grabbed my hand.

"Love you too," I answered.

~~~~~

I made hot chocolate and sat at the piano in the living room. My daughters stood on both sides of the piano. I looked at them with a smile.

"Who is singing today?" I asked, and they pointed a finger at me.

"You" answered Polly.

"I'll do backing up," Betty added, and I nodded.

"Okay," I laughed and put my hands on the keys.