12

A few days later, I went to Hermione for a coffee. We sat on the terrace and admired the beautiful, colourful garden.

"So?" asked Hermione and drank coffee.

"Well, we're dating ... From time to time," I replied flushed and began to eat the walnuts from the bowl.

"Only sex or something more?"

"I think something more," I replied.

During those few days, I found myself wonderful with FP. We went for a walk, we went on dates and we slowly announced to the people of Riverdale that we are a couple.

"And what about Hal?"

"What about him?"

"What about your divorce?"

"I was at the newsroom yesterday and I told him to hurry up with this divorce because otherwise, it would be bad for him," I murmured.

"You know how stupid Hal is. You know he won't give you divorce so easily,"

"of course he'll give me this stupid divorce. I took care of it, "I shrugged, and Hermione smiled broadly.

"You threatened him?"

"You could say that," I laughed softly. "What about you and Hiram?" I asked, and my friend cleared her throat.

"It's better. He told me he was having an affair," she said painfully.

I grabbed her hands and looked at her with compassion.

"And what did you do? Did you get mad?"

"No, I was calm, but I'm suffering a lot. I don't trust him anymore, and now I see that he has tried to rebuild our marriage, but there is nothing to save." Hermione wiped her tears from her eyes and sobbed. "I knew Hiram was a bastard, but I was all time with him, now I don't know what I want... I guess... I want peace."

My friend's pain was my pain. I couldn't look at her suffer.

"Do you know that Fred was divorced?" I asked and she snorted.

"You suggest me to go to Fred and throw myself in his arms, saying 'Fred, my marriage is over, maybe you want to be my backup? "

"Fred is worried about you, he cares about you."

"How do you know that?"

"We are neighbours. And I know a lot about my neighbours," I shrugged and seized her hand more firmly.

~~~~~~

When I picked up a girl from school, I went to the Jones house. I decided that it would be better if my daughters spent some time with Jughead than with Penelope Blossom and my husband.

I knocked on the door, and after a moment Theresa opened it.

"Hi, I hope you don't mind that I brought the girls?" I asked with a smile and Theresa shook her head.

"Of course not, come in," she invited us inside.

The girls ran to Jughead's room, and Theresa and I sat in the living room.

"Something to drink? Coffee? Tea?" she asked and I smiled.

"Could I ask for juice?" I asked, and Theresa went into the kitchen.

"Apple juice, raspberry juice or pear juice ?" she began to exchange all the flavours, and I tried not to laugh. I knew that she was trying very hard to gain my trust.

"Raspberry" I replied.

"I'll take raspberry too, it smells good"

"Does it smell good or taste good?" I laughed softly.