7

We went to his house, which I should rather call a villa. I did not want to go in there because I had unpleasant memories of this building.

"Sit down here" FP pointed to the sofa in the living room. "I'll be right back with the first aid kit," he added, and I nodded.

When I was alone, I looked around the room. So much has changed here, it was not the same salon as it was ten years ago. On the mantel above the fireplace, I noticed family photographs. I got up from the sofa and went over to take a closer look at the pictures.

In the first one was FP with his parents, in the next photo was Jughead, and in the next picture, I saw FP and Gladys. My heart ached a little at this. I wondered how Gladys died. I know it's nosy, but I wanted to know if she died in an accident, got cancer, or if Theresa gave her cyanide.

I crossed my arms as I watched the next photos. I did not even notice when FP stood behind me. I jumped when I felt his hands on my arms.

"I should get rid of this photo," he said and leaned over to pick up his wedding photo. His lips were against my ear and I shivered as I felt his warm breath on my skin.

"Why?" I asked calmly.

"Because this is the past" he murmured in my ear and turned the photographs so that it couldn't be seen.

I moved away from him and sat on the sofa. I picked up the first aid kit and opened it.

"I'll take care of it," he said and sat down next to me. He took the first aid kit from my hands and put it on the table. He pulled out hydrogen peroxide and a swab. I looked into his eyes as he wove his fingers in my hair and held my head with dominance. I swallowed.

"This may sting a little," he said and came closer to me.

" I can handle it." I smiled.

 He put the gauze on my slit lip, and I sighed quietly. 

"Is it stings?"

"No" I muttered and closed my eyes. I felt safe in his company.

"You are tense," he said, and I nodded.

"Yes, because I do not know why I am here" I opened my eyes and looked at FP. My heart beat stronger, seeing his handsome face. I wanted to kiss him. Shit, how I wanted to kiss him!

"We had a cullet," he answered with a quiet laugh, and I blushed slightly.

"I mean ... why am I here ..." I pointed my hand at him and myself.

"Because I can not forget how I hurt you," he replied, and I opened my eyes wide. I swallowed and opened my mouth to say something, but I did not know what.

FP grabbed my hands and leaned closer to me. My pulse speeded up and suddenly I felt hot. The butterflies in the stomach are crazy.

"Are you sorry?" I asked and for a moment I felt like a lady of the situation.

"I let myself be carried away by emotions." FP took a deep breath. "My mother told me everything"

Did he know about our dead son ?! My head was dizzy with excess emotions.

"About everything?" I asked weakly and swallowed.

"Yes, about this ... About the fact that you did not take the money she gave you, she is very sorry and would like to fix everything."

"Everyone deserves a second chance," I nodded.

"Gladys did not love me at all ..."

"Did you love her?"