26

Johnny
morning jeno, u up?

The notification startled Jeno, who had woken up at around 10am and decided to lay in bed for a while. He was contemplating how he would express his feelings for Jaemin, but couldn't think of anything that didn't end with him being in a state of panic. Jeno turned to grab his phone, and he squinted his eyes in curiosity then typed a reply to Johnny's message.

Jeno
no

Jeno sighed after sending his simple response and lay back down, staring at the ceiling. He closed his eyes, trying to calm the butterflies in his stomach. But then another notification sounded, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

Johnny
u free today?

Jeno
no

Johnny
...

Johnny
looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today

Johnny
what's wrong?

Jeno
omg sorry im just deep in thought lol

Jeno
it's nothing tbh, dw

Johnny
what are u thinking about?

Jeno
ummmmmmm idk

Johnny
are u stressed for tomorrow?

Jeno
maybe i am...

Johnny
aw :c i'm sure everything will go well! jaemin does like u back, so don't worry!

Jeno
yea, i'm just stressed ig

Johnny
that's understandable

Johnny
right, i texted u bc i wanted to hang out today. did u want to? maybe it'll help relieve some of ur stress :)

Jeno
oh... sure actually

Jeno
thank u johnny

Johnny
anything for u bro

Johnny
i'll be at ur house in 20

Johnny was being a little too nice, Jeno noted. Especially out of nowhere. Maybe Jeno was just being cynical, but he wondered what Johnny had planned. It was a Friday morning after all, was there something important?

He slipped on some blue jeans and a black t-shirt, and made some toast for himself while he waited. Johnny soon came into sight, and pulled into the driveway of Jeno's house.

"You look really simply dressed today," Johnny noted as Jeno got into the passenger seat. He himself was wearing black jeans and a hoodie, with the strings tied in a bow.

Jeno eyed Johnny. "Yeah...? Why? What's the occasion? Also, you're dressed pretty casually as well."

"You look like a little boy with that style," Johnny snickered. "And you said Jaehyun and I have no fashion sense."

He started to pull out of the driveway when Jeno stopped him. "Okay, wait, I'll change then. Don't wanna look like your son," Jeno called.

Johnny smiled to himself as Jeno went in the house and came back out wearing ripped jeans and a denim jacket. "Better?" Jeno asked as he re-entered the car. He was really suspecting something now, especially with the way Johnny was acting and how his outfit for the day seemed to really matter.

"Yep! Let's go now."

~

"The mall? What are we doing here?" Jeno asked as they walked through the sliding doors.

"Just exploring," Johnny answered vaguely. "Did you want to see the Kakao store? You could get Jaemin something."

Jeno immediately felt butterflies at the mention of Jaemin's name. A smile crept onto his face. "Okay."

They went into the store and looked around. Johnny started walking along the edges of the store to examine the plushies, leaving Jeno alone in the middle of the store. He wanted to follow Johnny, but something caught his eye: a keychain of a small brown bear with two dots as eyes. He recognized the character as Jaemin's favourite. What was it called again? Ryan?

He grabbed two of those and found Johnny in line to pay with a medium sized Ryan in hand. "This is going with my other stuffed toys on my bed," Johnny said happily. Jeno smiled, thinking about how much he changed in a week. Before he would've judged so hard but now he himself was the one buying. The irony, he thought to himself.

"Is that for Jaemin?" Johnny questioned, nodding at the keychains. "That's cute."

"It is," Jeno replied sheepishly. "Actually, one is for Jaemin and one is for me. I was thinking we could put it on our bags or something."

Johnny grinned. "That's very sweet! I bet Jaemin will love it."

They visited a few more stores after that, and before they knew it, it was past 2pm. Jeno threw himself onto the nearest bench, exhausted from all the walking.

"I'm so tired," he whined, resting his head on Johnny's shoulder.

Johnny gave Jeno a light slap to the shoulder. "Let's go somewhere else then, how about a cafe? I'm craving something sweet."

They got up with their items in hand. Before leaving though, Jeno saw Johnny viciously typing something on his phone before putting it away and flashing Jeno a smile.

"Who was that you were texting?" Jeno asked when they got in the car.

"It was just Jaehyun, he was asking where we were," Johnny laughed. "I told him we were leaving the mall."

Jeno nodded silently, and Johnny started to drive.

~~~~~

A/N:

THE WAY THAT I HAVENT UPDATED IN OVER FIVE(5) WEEKS I AM CRYIN WHY I WAS SO BUSY W HOMEWORK AND OTHER STUFF i hope yall havent forgotten me🥺 i didnt write at all because i wanted to focus on school and also i just wasnt in the mood....

i'm sorry @ how dry and boring this chapter is JDHFJJDJD but its just setting up for the next one where stuff goes down hehe yall can probably predict whats gonna happen :)

i think the next update will be posted sometime tomorrow or soon, because i have it written i just wanna wait a bit between updates

anyway thanks to everyone whos still reading !! ilyy <3 it rlly means a lot

- amy