14

As soon as the door shut, Jeno dragged Jaemin up the stairs to his room. "Here, find something to get changed into. You look about my size, so anything should fit. Oh, and you can get changed in here. I'll-" he grabbed another white t-shirt that was almost identical to the one he was wearing, and a pair of dark sweatpants, "-go wash up and change in the bathroom across the hall."

Jaemin nodded wordlessly as the boy closed the door to his room. He found a black hoodie and a pair of blue jeans and slipped them on quickly. Jaemin felt a slight tingling sensation in his chest and stomach from wearing Jeno's clothes. Get your shit together Nana, Jaemin cursed at himself inwardly for being so easily affected. Tossing his wet clothes to the side—he made a mental note to hang them up to dry later—he took the time to examine Jeno's room.

It was fairly organized; his bed was neatly made with a nightstand and alarm clock next to it. The walls were a dark shade of grey-blue, and were undecorated aside from a window that looked out onto the front lawn. It was very basic, but it suited Jeno. Jaemin spotted a small desk in the corner with a laptop and some scattered pens and papers. He walked up to it, and a small framed photo caught his eye. 

In the picture were five boys. Jaemin immediately recognized Jeno on the left, who smiling brightly at the camera. Next to him was who Jaemin assumed was Jungwoo, but he wasn't too sure because they had only seen each other a few times. The other three were unfamiliar, but the two on the right looked older than the rest and the rightmost guy had his arm extended towards the camera, the one who took the group selfie. The five were huddled together to fit the frame and were all striking hand poses.

"Those are my friends," Jeno explained. Jaemin jumped back slightly, not expecting Jeno's presence. Somehow he didn't hear the door open and Jeno had walked towards his desk. He pointed at each face. "Here, from left to right. Me, Jungwoo, Lucas, Jaehyun, Johnny. You've met Jungwoo already," he added.

"You guys look really close," Jaemin observed.

"We are," Jeno agreed. "They can be real dumbasses sometimes but I really do appreciate them. They're the reason why I was at the mall yesterday, actually. We took this pic a couple months ago when the school year ended. You should meet the rest sometime, they're a chaotic mess but I think you'll like them." Jeno paused to stare at the photo for a bit. "What about your friends?" He asked, genuinely curious.

"My friend group isn't as large, but my closest friends are Chenle and Jisung. They might be little devils on the outside but they're actually my babies," he said with a smile. "Ah, I wish my phone wasn't dead. I would show you pictures of them, they're so cute!" Jaemin gushed.

Jeno laughed at the way Jaemin described his friends as his 'babies', but it was cute and fit his personality. "We should charge your phone then, and you can show me pictures later." Jeno headed towards the stairs and gestured for Jaemin to follow him. They walked down the stairs, and Jeno entered a large, brightly sunlit room and plopped onto the couch.

"You look so awkward standing there," Jeno laughed at Jaemin, who just stood in the middle of the living room with his arms at his sides. Jeno patted the seat next to him on the couch. "Please, make yourself at home."

Jaemin smiled sheepishly and joined Jeno on the couch. "By the way, where are your parents?" he asked, noticing how quiet it was in the house aside from the two of them.

"They're out most days because they find it more fun to be outside. I'm too lazy to go with them, so I just stay home or hang out with the others." Jeno sighed and sunk deeper into the comfort of the cushions. "It's peaceful, to be honest. I like it."

Jaemin grinned. "It sounds nice. At my house the chatter rarely stops, and Taeyong's always barging into my room whenever he wants."

A comfortable silence fell over them, each lost in their own thoughts. Somehow (lmfao we all know how) Jaemin sunk lower and lower into the couch and his head ended up resting on Jeno's shoulder. Jeno could feel his shirt getting damp from the remaining rain water on the boy's hair, but made no effort to move.

Suddenly Jaemin spoke. "I'm sorry for getting mad earlier," he said quietly. "I can be really petty sometimes, and I know it's annoying."

Jeno adjusted his arm so that it wrapped around Jaemin's shoulder. He rubbed the younger boy's arm with his thumb. "It's okay," Jeno replied with the same amount of softness. "People get upset, there's nothing to apologize about."

"Alright..." Jaemin let out a yawn.

Jeno snickered. "Tired already? Even after those eight shots of espresso? You're a whole different breed, I swear."

Jaemin lightly slapped Jeno's thigh. "Shut up, my friends are babies and so am I. And this couch is nice. Let a child get his rest. God, why is the couch so comfortable?" he replied drowsily.

"It's literally 3 in the afternoon, are you for real-" Jeno cut off his sentence when he noticed the boy's eyes were closed and his breathing slowed and steadied. He was really sleeping at 3pm, after having a week's worth of espresso not even five hours earlier. Jeno breathed a smile, damn why did Jaemin have to be so cute?

Jeno remembered when he first saw Jaemin yesterday. Was it really only yesterday? It felt like a lifetime ago. He was surprised that a boy had come to rent him, after being so eager to go with a girl. But now Jeno was surprised that he didn't realize sooner that maybe he was attracted to both. Such character development, huh. Who would've thought...

Jeno could feel his arm getting number with each second and tried to move it from under Jaemin's back. Jaemin stirred slightly, making Jeno freeze. Maybe he shouldn't move, Jeno decided. He reached for his phone that was on the table next to him and opened his messages, and shifted in his seat to get more comfortable. He had a feeling that Jaemin wasn't going to be waking up anytime soon.

~~~~~

A/N:

weLL maybe there wasnt much cuddling at all bc i got carried away but maybe the next update will😔 heh moral of the story dont trust what amy says .but im pLAnning on having more cliche shit and fluff in the next part so

also me? writing and updating 2 days in a row? yea bitch thats me,, jk i have the most nonexistent update schedule but yee im surprised i whipped up another chapter so soon. schoolwork? dont know her🤧

oh yea im typing this on my phone and don't know how the emojis are gonna show up on the computer, guess ill find out later..

- a