22

"Get in losers, we're going shopping," Johnny announced sassily as he got in the driver's seat of his car.

Jaehyun groaned. "Dude, what's with the Mean Girls quote, we're not even going shopping," he sighed as he went for the passenger seat.

It was a sunny morning, warm but not too hot with a light breeze in the air. The sky was clear and the sun shone golden on the boys' faces. It was perfect weather for going out, so the five of them were going to an amusement park for the day. (yes this universe has residential areas and malls and shops and amusement parks all in one place and what about it)

"But isn't this exciting? I think today is gonna be a fun day," Johnny grinned as Jeno, Jungwoo and Lucas decided how to squeeze into the backseats.

Jungwoo nudged Jeno gently. "Jeno, you sit in the middle," he suggested.

"Why me? You're the skinniest, Lucas and I should sit on the sides."

"But I wanna look out the window," Jungwoo whined. He stared at Jeno with large puppy eyes. "It wouldn't matter to you, all you do is go on your phone anyway."

"Guys, let's just get in," Lucas said, resolving their little conflict. He went in first, then Jeno and Jungwoo.

"Isn't the weather so nice today?" Jungwoo asked once the car was on the road. "The sky is so blue, it's beautiful."

"Yeah! I hope it stays like this the whole day," Lucas replied. "I'm excited for the rides, I love the thrill."

Jeno sat awkwardly between Jungwoo and Lucas, feeling like a third wheel. He heaved a sigh, putting in earbuds and pretending like he didn't feel like a brick wall between them. Their conversation went on.

Jungwoo sighed. "You all know I prefer staying at home. I came just for you guys, be grateful."

"Of course we are, Jungwoo," Jaehyun smiled. "We wouldn't be complete without you. And also, I'll bet you're going to have a lot of fun today."

Jeno smiled at that comment. He silently bet on it too.

Once they arrived at the park, they stopped at the ticket booth to get day passes. Then Lucas pointed to a rollercoaster with a steep drop. "That one! I saw it on our way into the parking lot. It looks fun, let's go!"

The boys ran to the line up, giddy with excitement. Well, all except Jungwoo.

"Jungwoo? You don't have to ride it if you don't feel comfortable," Jeno said.

Jungwoo shook his head. "No, it's okay, Maybe I'll actually like it, I don't know." He didn't look very convinced though, gulping at the sight of the rollercoaster zooming by at light speed.

They all got on the ride, with Johnny and Jaehyun at the front and Lucas and Jungwoo in front of Jeno. Someone else sat next to Jeno, but he paid little attention. Jeno smiled when he noticed Jungwoo holding onto Lucas even before the rollercoaster started moving. As it slowly pulled up to the top, his anticipation for the drop grew and Jeno could hear Jungwoo already regretting his life decisions.

Then screams pierced the air as the rollercoaster went down, up, to the side, and upside down faster than anyone could process, and Jeno could see Jungwoo crushing Lucas' arm and Lucas having the time of his life in fromt of him. (damn im so bad at writing this i can't relate to the fun of rollercoasters pls let it be over) He couldn't help but laugh, enjoying the moment. Jeno had missed this kind of feeling, the freeing sensation with the wind blowing in his face that let him forget about everything around him.

Finally, the ride came to a stop, and Jeno breathed a sigh. He got out, and he followed the exit signs to get back down to the ground. The others were there too, and they were all breathing heavily but smiling from the thrill. All faces turned to Jungwoo, and to their surprise he was grinning too.