23

"I still can't believe Jaemin didn't want to come with us," Chenle murmured to Jisung as they waited in line to order ice cream. "What do you think he's up to?"

"Not sure, but you know Lele he is allowed to have a life outside of hanging out with us," Jisung replied.

Chenle furrowed his eyebrows. "I know, Sungie, it's just unusual."

"You're right, I honestly thought he would come," Jisung shrugged.

Soon it was their turn to order. "One banana split, please," Chenle paid with his card and thanked the cashier after. The two took the ice cream to a park bench under some trees and took a seat.

"The weather is so nice today," Jisung marveled at the sunlight reflecting off the pond water. He took another spoonful of ice cream. "It's nice to be out every now and then."

"It is," Chenle agreed, chewing lightly on the spoon. "It's especially nice to spend it with you."

Jisung's ears turned pink and Chenle let out a laugh, eating more of the banana split. He loved watching his boyfriend still get flustered by the tiniest things. "All this time we've been dating and you still freak out," Chenle teased. "You're adorable."

"We're in public Lele, I hate you," Jisung mumbled. He couldn't hold his 'hate' for long though; his eyes met with Chenle's and they both burst into laughter.

"After eating should we go see the ducks?" Chenle suggested. "Or did you want to do something else?"

Jisung perked up in excitement. "Yes, the ducks! Pleeaaaase let's go see them!" He grabbed onto Chenle's arm and tapped it violently. With a laugh from Chenle they scarfed down the remaining banana split and got up, throwing out their garbage at the nearest trash can.

The two bounced over to the edge of the pond, where they could see a few baby chicks and their mother swimming near them. Jisung cooed, reaching out his arms and making grabby motions at the ducks.

"They're. So. Cute!" Jisung cried, throwing his head back. He made fake sobbing noises, absolutely devastated at the sight of the fluffy yellow chicks.

Chenle giggled. "Maybe, but not as cute as you, babe," he said, softly patting Jisung on the head.

Jisung sucked in a sigh and quickly turned to face Chenle, ready to fight him and his constant flirting, but his elbow swung back and collided with a chest that most certainly wasn't Chenle's.

"Ow!" a distressed voice exclaimed.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there," Jisung apologized frantically. He looked to see who he attacked: a broad man around his height with ash coloured hair and soft but defined features.

"Watch what you're doing, kid, that shit hurted," the man hissed, rubbing the spot Jisung had elbowed.

"I-I'm sorry, again, I didn't mean to," Jisung stuttered, intimidated by the man's tone of voice. Suddenly two others appeared, a taller and broader man with honey brown hair and another shorter and younger looking but still broad man with jet black hair. The three looked intimidating as hell, and Jisung knew at that moment he was screwed. Instinctively his fingers laced with Chenle's and Chenle gave his hand a light squeeze in response. He braced himself for what was to come, but to his surprise the tall one spoke.

"Jaehyun," he said. His voice sounded gentle in comparison to the other man, Jaehyun's, harsh words. "It was an accident."

Jaehyun paused, and the four stared at each other for an eternity. Finally, to their surprise, Jaehyun smiled warmly. "Johnny's right, I'm sorry," he apologized sheepishly. "It didn't hurt, I was kind of just being dramatic on purpose."