25

Jaemin woke to the sound of his phone ringing for the nth time. He sighed, wanting more sleep and wondering which headass would be calling his cell so early in the morning. He rubbed his eyes and turned over to check the caller ID. It was Chenle. Curious to hear why Chenle was harassing him, Jaemin picked up the phone and put the speaker next to his ear, eyes still half closed and voice thick with sleep.

"Good morning?" He croaked out. "Lele? What do you wa—"

"BITCH you wouldn't BELIEVE what happened yesterday!" Chenle shrieked through the phone. Jaemin winced at the sound and pulled his head away from the speaker.

"My poor ears," Jaemin mumbled. He brought the microphone close to his ear again. "Whatever happened yesterday must have been nice, did you and Jisung have a fun date? I'm happy for you, but I'm hardly even awake right now so can you please shut—"

"Nana! Not with that attitude! Get the fuck up, it's literally 11AM and the tea is SCORCHING," he said excitedly through the phone.

Jaemin furrowed his brows together. "Lele did you smoke crack or something..." He checked the time on his phone to see that it was indeed not as early as he thought it was. "Alright, I'm getting up okay? I'll be at your house in around an hour."

He hung up before Chenle could say any more, and then forced himself up in a sitting position. Jaemin sat there for a while, half asleep and wondering what Chenle was so excited about. Finally he dragged the covers off of him and he went to get dressed, the anticipation of going to Chenle's making him feel a little more awake.

Since Taeyong had left early and his parents had gone to work, his only option was to take the bus. He fished out a bus ticket from his wallet and stood by the stop, listening to music while he waited.

The bus was relatively empty, so Jaemin picked a spot near the back of the bus and played a game on his phone while he waited to get to his stop.

It wasn't long until he was joined by someone else though. Jaemin turned to see a familiar brown haired boy taking a seat next to him, placing his bag in his lap. The boy seemed to be talking to him, so Jaemin stopped his music to listen to what he was saying.

"...my god, you can't hear me because you have your airpods in," he sighed. "I guess I just blabbered all that, and you didn't even hear it." The boy pouted slightly and then smiled brightly, straightening his posture. "Hi, Jaemin right? I'm Donghyuck, that starbucks cashier that liked Troye Sivan. Not sure if you remember me but your friend Jeno did somehow." He watched Jaemin expectantly, waiting for a response.

"Oh right!" Jaemin took out his airpods to give Donghyuck his full attention. "I remember you, sorry," he laughed slightly. "I was just taking time to remember everything." Jaemin tilted his head. "You know Jeno? Also, are you heading somewhere too?"

Donghyuck nodded. "I'm off to work, my shift starts later today. And yeah, I ran into Jeno a week ago? Or a few days ago or sumn. Anyway he recognized me and told me about you." Donghyuck leaned in to whisper into Jaemin's ear. "I think he might like you," his eyes were wide. "He got so flustered when I assumed you two were dating."

Jaemin raised his eyebrows in question. "Really? Everyone's saying that, but I have a hard time believing he would..."

"Do you not like him back?" Donghyuck asked. "This is so sad, Alexa play Fools by Troye Sivan."

"No! Oh my god," Jaemin giggled. "Actually, I do like him... but I'm kind of scared to confess..."

Donghyuck pouted. "Oh honey, when I say the boy is whipped. He definitely likes you, without a doubt."