4

Despite Jaemin's constant rambling to be slightly annoying, being a fake boyfriend was tolerable, as Jeno had hoped. Hanging around Jaemin for one hour shouldn't be too hard. Jeno kept thinking back to their earlier conversation. He still couldn't believe that boy bought those stuffed toys for himself. The boy was a teenager yet he still liked that kind of stuff. What a loser.

As per Jaemin's request, they had gotten up and bought some drinks at the Starbucks close by, then returned to their sitting spot. Silence fell over them as Jaemin took out his phone, replying to some people, supposedly his friends. To not make things more awkward Jeno did the same, opening his messages to see a few texts from his friends after he had left.

Johnny

[14:54] bro wya

Jungwoo

[15:01] lee

Jungwoo

[15:01] jeno

Jungwoo

[15:02] nojam

Johnny

[15:08] where are u lil shit

Jaehyun

[15:10] u dead?

Jaehyun

[15:11] i saw u leaving with some other dude

Jaehyun

[15:11] did he kidnap u or what

Jeno sighed. Sometimes his friends could be so annoying. They were the ones who didn't notice at all when Jaemin approached him at the renting area. Were they always that oblivious? Jeno shook his head at his friends' idiocy and typed out a response.

Jeno

yes hello thanks for ur concern [15:22]

Jeno

im still with the guy [15:22]

Jeno

he rented me lmao [15:23]

Jeno

 said he needed someone to hold his stuffed animal characters [15:23]

Jaehyun

[15:24] lol WHAT

Jaehyun

[15:25] is this some sort of prank?

Jeno

 idk he seemed serious about it [15:25]

Johnny

[15:26] wait arent u straight tho

Jeno

idk money is money bro [15:26] 

Jeno

 he said he's not interested anyway [15:27] 

Johnny

[15:27] k as long as ur fine with it

Jungwoo

[15:29] hey jeno just so u know its okay if ur gay! we accept u no matter what uwu

Jaehyun

[15:30] what the fuck is uwu

Jungwoo

[15:31] ...

Jungwoo

[15:31] sometimes i wonder why im still friends with you guys

Lucas

[15:37] hey im back fuckers

Lucas

[15:37] what did i miss

Jaehyun

[15:37] jeno got himself a boy

Lucas

[15:37] ooh goodluck jeno! remember to use protection

Jeno

 oh my god stfu [15:37] 

Johnny

[15:38] chill bro we're just messing with ya

Johnny

[15:38] anyway how was ur date lucas

The conversation had switched topics so Jeno turned off his phone and looked up. He glanced at Jaemin, who was still texting. They boy had a small smile on his face, and Jeno wondered what was making him smile like that. While Jaemin was busy on his phone, Jeno took a moment to observe Jaemin closer.

The boy was wearing a white hoodie and light blue jeans, and he was sitting cross legged, hugging the large Ryan plushie in his lap. Jeno studied his face, watching Jaemin's side profile. He had a straight nose, long lashes and a pointed chin. Jaemin took a sip of his iced coffee, and Jeno noticed how plump the boy's lips were, although a bit chapped.

Jeno shook his head, weirded out by his observations. He usually never paid attention to people in general, so why was he suddenly so infatuated with this stranger he had barely met? They weren't even going to see each other again after this.