Chapter 23: Graduates

Start from the beginning

"I'm kidding but let's be real, Jimin, I'll end up killing you instead," Jungkook said and motioned his hand, mocking Jimin's height,  causing both him and Taehyung to laugh out loud. Taehyung drank his water after.

"His dick is big though," I said out of nowhere and looked at the right time at them as Taehyung spat out the water from his mouth on Jimin's face. Hoseok came just then, giving Jimin a tissue. "Ugh, dirty water," he complained. "You're no fun, Jimin." He added.

Namjoon appeared, holding a book just like mine and reading it while he placed his things down on the table in front of us. "Jimin, you got no jams," he said and looked at Jimin after but then his eyes landed on the book.

Poor Jimin. Always being teased by his friends.

"Wow, nice book of choice you got there," Namjoon said and pulled a chair to sit beside me.

The four others continued on teasing Jimin while I engaged in a conversation with Namjoon about certain books and book recommendations. Namjoon is also known for his really outstanding grades, it's just that he's a well-known playboy in the campus that made his intelligence hide from the shadow.

Our professor didn't come so some of us just had our conversations while the others were finishing their requirements.

I sighed and looked around our room. One more week and I won't be seeing them again.

I'm not going to miss them.

But I'll probably miss being a student.

***

"Omo, you look so pretty!" Both Jiree Unnie and Mrs. Park squealed in excitement after seeing me prepared for our graduation ceremony with my hair curled in the end and my face with a natural-looking make up. I'm also wearing a dress underneath that was given to me by my mother before she passed away.

I smiled at myself on the mirror.

This is it, Eomma. I'm graduating.

Jimin's family insisted on becoming my second parents for my graduation, aware that I don't have anyone other than Dawon. They got excited, especially her mother in helping me dress up. I'm so grateful for their kindness and I'm glad to see Jimin's mother happy, telling me that she missed doing things like this since it's been years when Jiree Unnie graduated. It made her feel like she has another daughter because of me.

The three of us came out and saw the boys all waiting outside with Jimin, Dawon, and Jihoon playing while Mr. Park on the other hand was reading a newspaper.

As soon as Jimin saw me, he stood up and wrapped his arm on my waist. "Omo! Omo! Let's take a picture!" His mom said excitedly and grabbed the camera from Jiree Unnie's hand to take a picture of me and Jimin. "Hana, dul, set!" She counted, making both Jimin and I smile at the camera.

I'm actually super touched by this. It makes me feel like I have a family again. It made me feel what I felt on my graduation day from my grade school days. I feel like crying, my heart overwhelmed from this simple thing, but I can't cry. I'll just ruin my make up.

Is this perhaps the start of my new life of happiness? I hope it is and if this is just a dream, I no longer want to wake up and face the cruel reality.

We used two cars ㅡ Mr. Park's and Jimin's car ㅡ on our way to the venue and Dawon is with me and Jimin at the back. I'm seriously starting to get worried about him because I saw him shirtless one time and saw a few bruises on his skin. I asked for the truth if he was being bullied but he kept on telling me that he was not. He kind of even looks thinner than usual now but he's eating normally.