28. Lets live for today.

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for coming." Gina said as Bellamy approached her.

"What do you want Gina? I'm kinda busy right now." Bellamy snarled. He had nothing to say to this woman.

"Well first of all I wanted to say congratulations to your sister." Gina smiled.

"Get to the point." Bellamy interrupted.

"I wanted to check on you. I know I probably caused some tension between you and Clarke. That wasn't my intention." Gina said. Bellamy almost believed she was being sincere.

"Some tension? I'm lucky she's even talking to me right now. No thanks to you, this almost ruined my relationship." Bellamy spat.

"You can't blame it all on me Bellamy. I didn't create this baby alone." Gina replied.

Bellamy inwardly cringed. Sure he'd slept with Gina, but he'd regretted straight away.

"Look. You and me, this whole situation, was a mistake! Nothing is going to change between us. Clarke is my future, not you. If you want support, I'll give you support. I'll pay for the kid. But don't expect me to come running to you so we can play happy families!" Bellamy was almost yelling at this point. His breathing was heavy and he could feel his pulse rising.

"Bellamy, you're going to be a father whether you like it or not. It's about time you grew up and accepted that." Gina glared at him before turning on her heel and walking away.

Bellamy took a moment to return his breathing to normal. Once again he'd allowed Gina to get under his skin, and not in a good way.

"Bellamy?" A quiet voice said from behind him.

Bellamy spun around quickly to find Clarke stood a few feet away from him, looking at him desperately.

"Clarke! What's wrong, are you okay?" Bellamy rushed over to her.

But Clarke surprised him by taking a step back.

"What did Gina want?" Clarke asked. Bellamy could see the tears prickling at her eyes.

"Clarke, please don't. It's not what you think." Bellamy explained. Maybe Clarke wasn't as accepting as he thought.

"So what is it?" Clarke asked.

Bellamy let out a sigh before speaking. "She came here to check on us apparently. I told her it wasn't her concern and that nothing was going to change. Like I said before Clarke, it's you I want in my future, not her."

"So why did she come today of all days?!" Clarke questioned. Alcohol was clouding her judgement.

"Who knows?! Clarke, what do you think happened? I was out here no more than ten minutes!" Bellamy exclaimed.

"I don't know Bellamy! I don't know what happened because you didn't tell me!" Clarke suddenly yelled, causing hotel guests to stop and look at them.

"I thought we were passed this Clarke." Bellamy said softly.

"You think this is something I can just get over?! You're a father to someone else's baby! After everything you said to me about having a family and a future together, I find out you're already doing it with someone else!" Clarke was fully crying now, her makeup ruined from the tears streaming down her face.

Bellamy grabbed Clarke's hand and pulled her away from prying eyes. He led her up to his room where no one else could disturb them.

"I'm not starting a future with someone else. I made a mistake, I know that. But you said you could accept that as long as nothing changed between us. Nothing is going to change Clarke. It's you I'm in love with, no one else! I still want us to have that family." Bellamy said desperately.

"Yeah well maybe it's a good thing Gina is carrying your baby." Clarke scoffed. "At least she can give you a family."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Bellamy looked at her with confusion and a little anger.

Clarke wiped her eyes on the back of her hand and looked up to meet his gaze.

"I can't have kids Bellamy. I can't get pregnant." Clarke whispered.

"What?" Bellamy responded in shock.

"I went to the doctors with some symptoms. They ran some tests and it turns out I can't actually get pregnant. I just had a bug." Clarke informed him.

"You went to the doctors thinking you were pregnant? Why didn't you tell me?" Bellamy asked, stepping closer. This time Clarke didn't step away.

"I didn't want you to think I was trying to compete with Gina." Clarke sniffled. "I'm sorry I can't give you what you want Bellamy."

"Hey, look at me." Bellamy said sharply, he placed his hands on either side of her face. "You should have told me before now. But I don't care. If staying with you means we don't have kids, then so be it. I waited so long to hear you say you loved me, I'm not going to throw it all away because of this. I love you Clarke and nothing is going to change that."

"I'm damaged Bellamy. I can't give you that big family we always dreamed of." Clarke sobbed.

"There are other ways to get a family Clarke. Right now, I only care about you. So stop thinking about the future for now, and let's just live for today." Bellamy smiled gently.

Clarke nodded her head in agreement and stepped into Bellamy's embrace. She closed the small gap between them, pressing her lips against his. He tasted like home.

Everything about Bellamy just made Clarke feel like she was where she belonged. No matter what challenges they had to face, as long as Clarke had Bellamy, she knew they'd get through it. Just like she knew they'd get through this.