Chapter 20

"Oh Maria. My sweet, sweet Maria." Maria could hear her mom's voice over the ear piercing screech.

As she laid in her mothers protective arms, Maria had suddenly had enough.

She was taken twice now. And the two people who kidnapped her had betrayed her trust. She had underestimated them.

Well now it was time for her to be underestimated. It was time to show everyone who she really was.

She managed to get up on her shaky feet. Which due to all the blood loss, Maria figured that she wouldn't be standing for long.

Her plan was to head over to the stairs, bang on the hatch, (depending how old the wood was.) And head over to the two men which were still standing guard in the house.

Her plan was suddenly made fifty times easier when the man who she thought was named Mitch, came lumbering down the stairs holding a couple trays of food.

Maria quickly leaped back into the shadows as Mitch pushed the button to temporarily turn the speakers off .

"Lunch is rea. Huummppphhh."

Mitch's voice was muffled as Maria revealed herself from the shadows and tore two of the leeches off her face and shoved them both in his mouth.

Maria then ran over to the two detectives and put one of Ken's arms around her shoulders.

Her mom ran over to assist her daughter, but stopped in the middle of the room. Casting a puzzled look Maria's way.

"What about him?" She asked while pointing a finger toward the stirring detective Surly.

Since Maria still couldn't talk, she gave her mother a look saying that he'll manage.

Maria's mom took that as a reassuring sign and helped her struggling daughter carry the still unconscious detective.

As Detective Surly sat up rubbing his sore head, Maria's mom told him what happened as he followed the three up the stairs, through the front door, and off the front porch.

Maria stopped, wondering what to do next, when she heard a few choice cuss words to the left side of the cabin.

Maria let go of Ken's arm, leaving her mom to pick him up as she ran towards the back of the house.

There, digging through the back of a van, was Jim.

Maria ran over to him.

She didn't stop when he swung a crowbar in front of him.

Instead Maria kept running, and just before she got hit, she grabbed the other end of the crowbar and shoved it deep into his chest.

As Jim doubled over while unsuccessfully trying to pull the crowbar out, Maria looked at the back and saw the weapons.

'These could be useful.' She thought as she slammed the back doors closed.

Maria opened the front door, surprised that it wasn't locked, and picked up the keys from the right seat.

She turned the ignition on, and honked the horn.

Maria smiled, but made a gutteral scream from deep in her throat as she forgot that her cheeks were sliced.

She pulled the last leech off her face and threw it out the window with disgust as her mom and two detectives piled into the van.

Maria then sped off toward her moms house, not knowing that they were all in for a surprise.