Chapter 16

"Can I take it off?"

"Fine."

Maria's eyes adjusted to the blurry scene as they got note and more clear.

She opened her mouth to scream, but was met with a big hair covered hand over her chapped lips.

"Don't you dare."

There, standing in front of her, was a man about ten times the size of her father. He looked like his whole body was nothing but muscle.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Maria turned her head to see Kirsten standing behind the huge beast.

She tore the man's sweaty hand off her mouth and tried to get up.

She looked around herself to see that she was no where near the basement or forest.

She was in a bedroom. But not like other one she slept in a while back.

This one looked almost rustic, but still had that pine smell that the rest of the house smelt like.

She pulled her wrists from behind her and gasped once she felt rope burning through them.

The same was with her ankles too.

"Let me out of here!"

Maria suddenly started to sputter blood as she got punched in the mouth by her former friend.

"What did he tell you?! He told you to not yell! Are you deaf?!"

Maria started to reply, but got her hair pulled back by Kirsten.

"I didn't tell you to answer me."

Maria's muscles loosened as her hair was released.

She jumped once she heard the man's gruff voice through the thickening air.

"Is it time boss?"

She looked at the man, to Kirsten, and back again.

"Boss?"

Maria was met with searing pain in her leg.

She looked down to see a bright red gash protruding from her upper right thigh.

She looked up worth teary eyes at the mad woman who owned the cabin, and started to silently cry as she saw Kirsten holding a bloodied pocket knife and wearing an evil grin.

"Yes."

Maria inwardly screamed as she got relieved from the tight restraints around her ankles and wrists.

"Where are we.."

She was interrupted as her hair got pulled back by Kirsten for what felt the second time out of hundreds of others.

"I think it's time to give Maria a little makeover. Don't you think, Jim?"

"Ye. Yes boss."

"Jim, what did I tell you about stuttering? You have nothing to be afraid about. I pay you, remember?"

"I said, yes boss."

"That's better."

Maria's eyes she their tears once again, as she got led down the hall by her long auburn brown hair.