Chapter 5

Kirsten was furious.

How dare Maria try to escape! Didn't she know that the fun has just begun?

That's when Kirsten thought of a foolproof plan.

She ran towards the duffel bag that held the weapons and took out a crowbar. 'Let's just let her think she can escape.' Kirsten thought with a smile.

Then she ran back to the hatch, she quickly opened it and threw the crowbar down.

Kirsten searched around the house, grabbing everything she'll need.

Bag, hammer, what else? Oh yes, and handcuffs.

Kirsten then grabbed a cloth and her keys.

She unlocked the door, sled outside, locked the door again, and stood at the corner of the house where she could see Maria but Maria couldn't see her.

Then the wait began.

---

Maria looked behind her to see where the crash came from.

Ever since she pushed the first rock out of the wall, the light from the sun made a dim light in the room.

She walked over to the stairs and grabbed the crowbar. "Why would she drop this down here?"

Maria shrugged off the bad feeling that crept up from the pit of her stomach and walked back towards the wall with the crowbar.

She put one end of the crowbar on the outer part of the rock and felt it land on a crack.

Then Maria pulled down until the rock fell and she could squeeze through.

Once Maria was outside, she spread her arms out and took a deep breath of forest air.

Then she grabbed the rocks and put them back as best as she could and ran.

She ran and ran nonstop until she started to lean against the massive trunk of one of the evergreens.

Snap!

She looked behind her but saw nothing. "Huh. I thought I heard something."

She started to walk again but heard the noise closer behind her.

Snap! Snap!

"Must be a rabbit."

Before she could move, Maria could swear she felt someone breathing at the back of her neck.

Maria ran and looked behind her again. 'I swear I felt something.'

She looked back forward and felt a sharp pain in the back of her head.

Then everything went black.