Chapter 11

Just as Maria hit Kirsten with the crowbar, she took the rats out of her shirt and ran towards the hatch. Rolling up the rug and laying a heavy lamp post on top.

'That should do it. Now, Where's the bathroom?' She thought.

After some searching, Maria found a nice blue blouse and some jeans that were fashionably torn at the knees.

Then she made her way to the bathroom and sighed with relief as the warm water came down on her cold body.

After spending a couple days in the basement, Maria never thought she'd see a shower in her life.

After Maria dried off and got dressed in her new clothing, she made her way to the fridge and found a frozen pizza.

As it was warming up, Maria began to think what she should do with Kirsten.

She made her way to the cozy living room and sat down on a plush loveseat.

As she began to eat, Maria turned on the small TV and turned up all the way.

'Let's see how much Kirsten wants her freedom.' She thought.

Just as the show went to commercial, Maria turned it up even louder. And as she thought, Kirsten started to bang on the hatch, yelling a couple of choice cuss words.

After the show and food, Maria decided that she had enough fun for one night and made her way to what she thought was the bedroom.

But before she left the living room, Maria saw a familiar small box with a button on top.

'The button that controls the speakers in the basement.' She thought devilishly.

Maria pushed the button and laughed as she heard Kirstens screams.

"This is the most fun I've had in years. I should do this more often."

Marias eyes widened as she heard what she just said.

"No Maria. You're not going to turn crazy like some people." She said while casting a glare toward the hatch.

Then Maria made her way to the bedroom.

After some searching, she flopped down on the most comfortable bed she had ever laid on.

"What should I do now?"

After some thinking, Maria decided to snoop around the house. To see what her so called "best friend" had been doing the past six years.

Maria looked in the closet and just as she was about to close the door, she noticed something strange.

There on the back of the closet door, were pictures of. People?

Yes. People. Twenty pictures of people with circles and xs on their faces. And two of them struck her with surprise.

One of the pictures was of her with a big red circle tracing her face.

And the other one was of her father. The one who adopted her.

"She. She killed her own father?"

Maria started to feel sick as a million questions flew through her head.

'What did he ever do to her? What did she do to him? Wait. What did I ever do to her? Am I next? Is she going to kill me like she killed her dad?'

After a few minutes, Maria decided to sleep it off. And right when she hit the pillow, she was out.

Too bad she forgot to turn off the speakers in the basement.