Prologue

A/N: "Hello fellow guardians its The gunslinger here to finally write my first book. Damn, I've meant to do this for a while now."

Ghost: "Hunter what are you doing?"

A/N: "Oh Ghost, I'm writing my first fanfiction."

Ghost: "Guardian what about your other work?"

A/N: "Oh that can wait, plus I'm a master of procrastination."

Ghost: "Guardian, is that wise?"

A/N: "Oh ya probably not but that's tomorrow me's problem. Anyway here's the prologue for A hunter's journey enjoy!"

Ghost: "Whatever you say Guardian."
———————————————————————————
3rd person perspective
(By the you and yang are the same age and are 8 ruby is six)

In the island of patch theirs a boy living in a cabin in the woods. The boy named F/N Rose, he had a different life then most. F/N is constantly abused by the Rose/Xiao Long family. The only one who cares for him is his uncle Qrow. Now let his story begin.

F/N perspective

Tai: "Hey you useless piece of shit get down here now!"

F/N: (Great what did those "sisters" pin on me this time) Coming!"

I get up off my mat i calls a "bed" and limp my way down the stairs to "father".

Tai: Did you do this! *Pointing at the broken lamp on the floor. Yang and rwby are snickering as they watch from the couch.*

F/N:(Welp here it comes) "No dad I.."

Tai slapped my upside my face.

Tai: "DONT LIE TO ME YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

F/N: "Well I'm not, last time I checked you told me to stay in my room and I have, so how could I have done this."

I say in a sarcastic matter, while trying to stand up straight. I slapped again but this time by my mother.

Summer: "DONT TALK TO YOUR FATHER LIKE THAT!"

F/N: *Falls to the floor and rubs your cheek.* (Great my "mother's" here) "Like that's going to make a difference. You never blame you "perfect little angels" now do you. "

Yang then hopped off the couch and slapped me this time.

Yang: "DONT TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT US YOU USELESS SHIT!"

F/N: (Welp here it comes) I think while I feel the pain of the punches and kicks before I black out from the blood loss.

Time skip
Third person perspective

After the beatings F/N was thrown into his room and left there by Tai, while the "family" laughs and leaves. They all have smug looks besides Ruby who looked down.

Ruby: "Why do we even keep him around dad?" Tai looks down at his daughter there's something different about her eyes, gilt.

Tai: "Well Ruby who else would be my punching bag."

Summer: "Yes Ruby why do you even care, he's just a worthless brat."

Yang: "Ruby's right about something though, for all the times we beat him and tell him that we should never have adopted him. Why do we still have him around?"

With that the family sits down and eats dinner thinking of why they really haven't gotten rid of F/N yet."

Summer,Tai, Yang: (Why do we keep him?)