Spotlight

Spotlight

A Mobile Legends One-Shot

By Nite

In the Celestial Palace, where the usual battles are usually held for the heroes. It was still and empty, as they were no life in the place, only the towers and the Highlands were there. The blue hue of crystal shone brightly as in the empty spot behind the Highland suddenly spawned five heroes that teleported in a sequence.

"Uh... this is rough."

The white-haired mage with a white cloak wrapped around his body while clad in a blue shirt underneath with dark blue pants and brown boots. His name is Harith as he looked around as he saw the Highland and the towers coming to life, seeing their blue glow gleaming intensely. He turned to his side to see other heroes that spawned beside or behind him.

He saw Minsitthar, a king of a kingdom that he failed to recall, standing proudly with his golden armor and red cape that flapped behind his back. He wields a spear and shield that were also golden, making him look so regal yet the expression that he was holding in his face was sheer seriousness and calculating as if he was already making plans to attack the opposing enemy even if they are not there.

Then, he turned left to see a blonde-haired female that was floating on her jetpack while having some steampunk gear. He recognized her as Kimmy, the tomboyish blonde who is known to be an annoyance by many due to her skill with her gun and the jetpack. She saw him look at her as she gave a reassuring smile, signifying silent good luck to him as she looked around to give the same look the others.

He saw a giant green tree-like creature known as Belerick that was standing on its hind legs, paws glowing green as its yellow eyes looked around curiously. The thing looked at him for a moment before shifting its eyes at Minsitthar, who seemed to look at them with yet another calculating gaze. Besides the creature was a strange reaper named Foramis, who looked to have a blank expression in his face as his body was covered in black robes with a staff on his hands. He seemed to only focus straight ahead, which unnerved Harith from its blank and cold stare.

"I and Harith will be together at mid lane," Minsitthar said.

His voice was commanding as Harith had expected, but he nodded nonetheless as he had no problem with being with the king. In fact, he preferred it as he knows that Minsitthar was good, and he was so glad that he was on his side rather than being on the opposing side. He still remembers the time that he was trapped on his field with his soldiers, wincing slightly at the memory of being in that situation and having no way to escape it.

"Should I be with you instead?" Kimmy asked.

"Yeah, having Kimmy in the mid lane so she could rotate better," Foramis suggested.

Minsitthar looked at both of them as if he was thinking about it, before nodding in agreement.

"So... do I go with Foramis or Belerick?" Harith asked.

"I think Foramis comes with me, then Belerick goes with you while Minsitthar stays in one lane till we can rotate with him," Kimmy answered.

"I have no problem with that." Foramis supplied.

Minsitthar simply sighed before nodding again, slightly displeased about the turn of events but he couldn't refuse as it was a sounding arrangement, better than what he had planned for the team. The horns of the arena sounded, the minions with their axes, cannons, and guns started to walk to their respective lanes as the heroes started to split up in their respective position.