Part 9: Safe?

I open my eyes to come face to face with a hard chest. Immediately the events of last night start to replay in my mind, Bryan told me he loved me and fucked me. No correction, he made love to me.

I still can't believe it, the doubt I had that Bryan would leave me for somebody else is completely vanished.

Sitting up I feel a little sore, but nothing I can't handle. When I look at Bryan's sleeping face, I can't help but smile. He looks so relaxed, like the world didn't end a few months ago.

But it could be much worse. We have a nice home, supplies and most important, each other. I give Bryan a quick peck on his lips before walking out of our bedroom.

Deciding to check on our guests I walk to the guest room and silently peek inside.

Olivia is sitting beside her sleeping sister. Lilly looks pale, but is still alive. Which is a good sign, I think. When Olivia spots me she smiles and walks outside the room to me, before silently closing it.

We walk to the kitchen so we don't disturb the others with our talking.

"Is Lilly okay?" I ask Olivia once we are seated at the kitchen island.

"Yes, Abby thinks that if the leg doesn't infect she will make it," Olivia says with a smile on her face.

"Where is Abby now?" I question her.

"I didn't see her in your room and I don't want to sound like an asshole, but trust must be earned."

"No I understand you. Abby is outside to make sure there aren't any walkers close to the cabin and to see if everything is secure around here. I know I told you this already yesterday, but we are sorry for luring you guys into a trap. We just need food because our supply is running low and we were getting quite desperate," Olivia tells with her head bent down in shame.

"It's okay, in the end we are all still alive and safe for the moment. Did you raid other people?" I ask her, trying to sound casual about it. In reality I need to know how dangerous the people I let inside my home are.

"No, it was our first time. It is getting harder to find food out there and the people that are still alive are most of the time worse than the zombies. So we had not many other options. We hoped the people that would hear our help would be bad guys that deserved it," Olivia explains to me without looking at me.

I understood that they were desperate, maybe if me and Bryan hadn't had such a huge supply we would have to do the same thing.

After that, our conversation stops for a moment while I make a pot of tea. I turn around to see Olivia wiping the tears from her eyes while quietly sniffing.

"Hey what's wrong? We aren't angry and Lilly survived," I say as I walk over to her side to comfort her.

"It should have been me who got bitten. Lilly is the strong and smart one of us two. She is made to survive this, without her I wouldn't have made it alive the first week of the apocalypse," She says as she cries.

"That's not true, it shouldn't have happened to any of you, but it did and look both of you are going to survive," I tell her with honesty in my voice.

Olivia looks up at me and smiles, "Look at me being the crybaby while my sister just lost her leg. Thanks, you are really sweet, I am going back upstairs to check on Lilly."

Right before Olivia walks up the stairs she turns to me, "Oh and Max, you and Bryan make a beautiful couple. It sounded like at least someone had a wonderful night." She winks at me and continues going upstairs.

Oh my God, that is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me. My face feels as if it is going to burst into flames from blushing.

Sitting on a bar stool with my cup of tea, I am so lost in my thoughts that I don't hear someone approaching me. Suddenly a pair of strong arms wrap around me from behind, making me gasp and almost spill my drink.

"I missed you when I woke up without you, why aren't you in bed with me angel?" Bryan's hot breath on my ear makes me shiver. I turn around so we are facing each other.

"I wanted to check on the girls and you looked too cute to wake up," I tell him with a sweet smile on my face.

"Ooh so you think I am cute, but what about sexy?" He asks with a grin on his face, before kissing me on my lips.

All of a sudden Bryan breaks our lips free and looks very focused out of the window behind me. "Bryan what's wrong?" I ask him, beginning to feel a bit worried with his sudden change.

When Bryan hears my voice, he immediately looks at me and shakes his head. "I thought I saw someone, but it was probably nothing, just some wild animal or my imagination playing tricks on me."

I nod my head in understanding "Okay, maybe it was Abby. She is patrolling around the house," I tell Bryan.

As I look at him with his beautiful eyes that always sparkle when they see me and his lips that turns into the softest smile only for me, I know for sure that what I am feeling for him.

"I love you too Bryan."

Bryan's face breaks into a huge smile right before kissing me and carrying me up the stairs to our bedroom.

Posted on April 15, 2019.