Part 6: HELP!!!

Four months later.

Our lives have changed drastically in the last months. The world like we knew him has officially ended. The government has fallen and there aren't many people left with a beating heart. We try to avoid other people as much as possible for our safety.

Two months ago we went for a supply run, when we suddenly heard a woman screaming from the back of a huge store. We thought that there were people that needed help against zombies but the sight that greeted us still makes me shiver if I think about it.

There was a young couple and a group of six men. They were beating the men of the couple to death with baseball bats, after he stopped moving they went to the woman that one of them had gagged with a cloth to muffle her screams. Probably to keep the zombies away.

I wanted to help her but Bryan held me back down. "We, two teenagers can't take six armed men down. We will die for nothing Max."

It hurt to admit that he was right. If we came from our hiding place to attack them, they would kill us and that was the end of us, while they would still roam the planet.

Those monsters raped her one by one, when they were done with her she just laid there. Not moving, not blinking, just broken. After that they killed her and left like nothing ever happened.

We saw the whole thing. We couldn't move from our hiding spot in danger of them seeing us. When we were save to come out our hiding spot, we went back home.

Bryan held my hand the whole drive to our cabin. Like he was afraid those men would come and take me next. Neither of us said anything for the rest of that day and the next morning we decided it would be better if we avoided others.

So that is what we have been doing these last few months, surviving, just the two of us. We made a fence around our cabin. It isn't the strongest, but it keeps the few walkers that roamed the woods away from our cabin.

In the closet of the cabin is a safe, from which we cracked the code easily after deciding on Bryan's birthday. Inside we found a hunting knife, a handgun, ammo and tons of cash.

The money was quite useless, but the rest came in very handy. We have a fair amount of food but that doesn't stop us from going on more supply runs. It is better to have a stock that will last if anything happens than just lazing around.

Our relationship is going the opposite direction of the world, where the world is falling apart, we are growing together.

Bryan stopped apologizing after I forgave him and told him to leave our past behind us. We can't move on if we keep bringing those memories to the surface every time.

We still haven't gone past second base. I think we are not ready for that, but we are getting there and we have no reason to rush.

So this brings me where I am now, carrying a tray of food and drinks to our garden where Bryan is working at our new kitchen garden.

When he spots me, he comes over and takes the drinks from me while giving me a peck on the lips, making me blush slightly.

I turn my head to the side, hiding my rosy cheeks which results in Bryan's hand lifting my face to him. "Don't hide that cute face from me, I like it when you blush. It means I must be doing something good," He says while grinning at me. I can feel my cheeks burning up now.

"Yes Bryan, you're so amazing," I say sarcastically making him laugh at me.

"Come on let's eat first, I didn't work an hour in the kitchen to eat cold pasta," I state while placing the tray on the picnic table.