seeing you hurt broke me

Luna Byers

--

My eyes open to the sight of Grayson sleeping beside me. I frown, not remembering anything from the night before.

"Gray?" I lightly shake him.

I lift my head up and I immediately feel pain shoot through my whole body, making me let out a cry of pain.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Grayson sits up.

"Everything hurts" I mumble. "What happened?"

Grayson gives me a sad look before helping me sit up. He hands me a glass of water he had sitting on the bedside table.

"Why are you sleeping in here?" I ask after drinking some water.

"There was an accident last night, I didn't want to leave you alone" he says, his voice sounding very sad.

"What's the time?" I ask.

"3:30pm" he replies.

"What? Why aren't we at day 3?" My eyes slightly widen.

"Bryant and Ethan are. I stayed here with you" he grabs my hand.

"Why didn't anyone wake me up? What happened?" I frown.

He looks at me with sad eyes before he tells me everything. Some guy slipped a drug into my drink, a date rape drug. The twins lost me for about an hour before finding me on the ground and taking me away from the festival. I was taken to the hospital, I was there for a while until they decided I'd be okay to go home if I stay rested.

"I'm really sorry" Grayson looks down at our hands. "I was supposed to look after you. But I didn't and you got hurt".

"Gray, don't blame yourself. It isn't your fault that some asshole drugged me. I'm the stupid one that danced with a stranger" I put my hand on his cheek, pulling him to look at me.

"I was so scared Luna" tears build up in his eyes. "I looked back because he was singing Pursuit Of Happiness, when I didn't see you I started panicking. I didn't know what happened and I didn't know what to do".

A tear falls from his eye and I wipe it away.

"I'm fine Gray, I'm here. You found me, and I'm okay".

"Luna- I love you so fucking much, seeing you hurt broke me" he says, looking into my eyes.

"I love you" I say softly, my thumb running along in cheekbone.

Before I could say anything else Grayson was kissing me. His lips moulded against mine, his hands resting on my waist.

The feeling of his lips on mine made me realize the love I have for him isn't friendship love, it's real love.

I kiss back, my hands remaining on his cheeks as I do.

"Don't leave me Luna" he says, resting his forehead on mine.

"Never".