calm down dad

Luna Byers

--

"Luna! Wake up!"

My eyes shoot open to see Bryants phone in my face while Ethan and Grayson laugh at me. I groan, covering my face from Bryants phone.

"Why'd you wake me up?" I say once they all calm down.

"We're here" Ethan grins.

My eyes widen and I look out the window to see that we are in fact here. I grin at the three boys before getting out of the car.

"My first Coachella!" I clap my hands and step towards Grayson.

"You're staying with me the whole time. There's sketchy people everywhere" Grayson says with a serious tone.

"Calm down dad. It's not like I have other people to run off with. Plus, you're like my best friend. I want to experience this with you and E" I smile.

He wraps an arm around me, pulling me into a side hug before walking away to grab the bags.

"Luna" I turn and see Bryant behind me. "Come. I'll show you the house".

I walk with Bryant inside the house. I swear I stopped breathing. The house itself is lovely but the view outside is even better.

I run to the glass doors, opening them to let me out to see the flower arch way that leads to the bright blue pool.

"This is beautiful!" I gasp while Bryant laughs at me.

"I was thinking on day 3 we could take some photos here. It'd suit your outfit".

"That'd be so cool! You're so smart".

He chuckles and walks off when he hears Ethan calls for him.

I've known the twins since I was 12 years old. I was their neighbour, I was originally friends with their sister but because she's older then me, we ended up drifting apart. I started talking to Ethan and we got along well, so I started hanging around his place more until I got used to Grayson. We were inseparable.

But then the twins turned 15. They were having a hard time at school, they had just started Vine, and they didn't know what to do. I remember the countless nights of Ethan questioning his life choices to me.

They moved to LA to do what they wanted to do. They wanted me to join them but I declined. I wanted to finish school, but I ended up not finishing. When I turned 17 I left New Jersey and moved to LA.

The good thing about our friendship is we never lost touch. We were talking all the time even though we were hours away from each other. So when I arrived to LA it was like we were never apart.

I lived with the twins until I could find my own place. They even let me film some of their videos for extra money.

"Luna, you okay?" Ethan snaps me away from my thoughts.

"Yea, I just can't believe I'm really here!" I grin. "Thank you so so much, it's the best birthday present ever".

I wrap my arms around him tightly and he chuckles, running his hand through my hair.

"Gray and I will do anything to keep you happy" he smiles. "Okay, come inside we have a bedroom issue".

I follow Ethan inside to where Grayson and Bryant is. Grayson looks frustrated while Bryant looks nice and calm. Classic Bryant.

"So because Bryant is last minute joining us in this house we have noticed there isn't enough beds" Ethan says.

"Oh" I say.

"There's one double and two singles" Ethan says.

"Luna, you have to double since you're the only girl" Grayson says.

"No I-"

Ethan cuts me off.

"Don't try to change our minds. I know you, I know you want your own girly space to get ready instead of sharing with us" he laughs.

I blush and softly nod my head. He isn't wrong.

"What are you guys going to do?" I ask.

"I'll sleep on the couch" Bryant says.

Before I could finish with the conversation I had to leave the room because my phone was buzzing in my pocket.

I unlock my phone and see 3 missed calls from Melody.

Melody used to be one of my best friends. We were very close but when I met Emma through the twins Melody instantly fell in love with her and ditched her for me. When Emma and Ethan broke up, I lost two of my friends.

So I have no clue why she's calling me now. We haven't spoken since they broke up.

I turn my phone off and join the boys again.